November 10, 2000 was our wedding day. We were soooo young and naive. We had no idea what the future would hold for us. Through all the ups and downs it has been fabulous! I wouldn't change any of our challenges or trials. Mike has made me smile and feel like a million bucks EVERY SINGLE day! So happy for this journey we have had together.
I really, truly am so grateful for Mike's dedication to our family. Over the past little while my health has not been great. I'm tired, I don't feel good, my head hurts, my stomach aches. I know I haven't been the wife/partner he deserves. He has never criticized me for that. Instead he encourages me everyday to just keep doing my best. He is so patient with me and accepts my faults. He picks up the pieces when I fail. His positive attitude truly amazes me each and every day. He is such an example to me.
November 10, 2000
November seemed like a particularly busy month, so we decided to keep things pretty simple for our anniversary. For us, having a quiet weekend together is perfect. We ended up finding sitters for the weekend, and Mike and I just stayed around locally.
The week of our anniversary I was one of 20 people (or so I thought) that won a VIP ticket to attend a grand opening event at H&M. I was super excited, but it was held the night of our anniversary :( Mike being the supportive guy that he is, totally was up for it (even though he was going to have to sit and wait outside while I shopped.) He even surprised me with shopping money! We went early and had dinner at Brio then went and waited in line at H&M. They had camera crews out, people were showing up in limo's, people were all decked out!...and there were HUNDREDS of them. I really dislike being in crowds! I was feeling SOOO out of my comfort zone! I am the type of girl that loves to be in my sweats, cuddled in a blanket, and drinking a hot chocolate.
At this point I was ready to bail, but decided to stick around for the experience. Once we got to the doors, they ended up letting Mike through with me (which is a huge bonus cause I actually stuck around to shop.) I received a couple perks by attending VIP night
*25% off entire purchase
*Free drinks while I shopped
*Free appetizers
*First dibs on all clothes
*Didn't have to sleep out over night in order to go on opening day.
*The best people watching anybody could every ask for!
As soon as we left, we hit the closest Kneaders. We sat by the fire with a piece of pie and a hot chocolate. I sat on the bench with my legs crossed and just enjoyed the stillness for a moment. H&M was a little much for me. It was a reminder to me that I like things simple. I don't need to try and be something more. Shopping and getting all fancied up is OK and fun for some people, but for me, right now....not my thing.
Saturday we slept in, started some Christmas shopping, saw a movie, ate good food, and went to bed early. It was absolutely perfect! We were able to pick the kids up Sunday afternoon all refreshed.
I like "Us."
No comments:
Post a Comment