7.24.2010

Days of 47 Parade...

Their are a few things that Mike really dislikes, one of them is parades. This causes a little conflict because I LOVE going, not to all parades, but to the Days of '47 Parade. For so many years we would go downtown and sleepover night and get a good spot for the parade. Once we had kids, that ended. It became way too much work. The first year we had Brayden we tried staying over night and he screamed all night long. We have not been to the Days of '47 Parade since. Since the 24th of July fell on a Saturday this I year, I hoped this would be my year. It's just way too hard to try and do it without him.

All the cards fell in my favor this year, and it worked out perfectly!!! My mom's neighbor was going up the day before to secure a spot in the SHADE (key point.) We went up the morning of the parade and got a perfect parking spot (2nd key point.) We had great seat with plenty of room, we weren't hot, and we didn't have to deal with any traffic (3rd key point.) I think it was so successful I just might be able to get him back next year. I had to take a picture to prove that he was actually there, and he was smiling.
Kaylee with her friends from Grandma's house. You can tell who slept over night, and who didn't.
The boys throwing "POPS" before the parade began.
Getting ready for the parade. Kade was so intrigued when the motorcycles starting riding up and down the road.
It's always fun to see a member of the First Presidency. It was so cool to see President Uchtdorf, and we could actually hear him talking to us.
Brayden trying to overcome his fear of clowns. I don't think it worked, I think he had a nightmare that night.
We had such a fun time seeing all the pretty floats, and just taking in the atmosphere of being downtown. All day the kids couldn't stop talking about it. Kade kept saying, "Remember that one time, we went downtown and saw that parade? That was cool. I lubed all of it." Can't wait to go again next year. Maybe if I start early, I could talk him into sleeping over???

No comments: