Warning: This post may be to inappropriate for the blog. My kids may hate me one day for putting this in the family blog. But I know in 15 years I will still be laughing about this. Therefore, I am choosing to continue with the post. I however will not post pictures.
My friend reminded me the other day about a story I had told her about Kaylee. The funny thing is the same thing happened to Kade the very next day.
I think I have traumatized my kids about wiping their own bums. I am disgustedto find "tracks" left in their underwear if it isn't properly cleaned. Therefore I choose to do it for them. Well, when Kaylee started Kindergarten the only thing I was stressed about is her having to go "number 2" while she was at school. So daily we would have discussions about holding "it" until she got home. Well one day, a couple months into school, I asked her how her day was. She told me it was horrible and proceeded to tell me why. She said she went in to go to the bathroom and screamed and screamed for her teacher to come wipe her and she couldn't hear her. Finally, I think the teacher came to check on her, found her in a mess, and had no choice but to wipe the poor girl. I'm not sure wiping bums was in the teacher's list of responsibilities. Hello! She was in Kindergarten! I did after that teach her how to properly do it herself.
Well the other day I had to go over to the church to get some things done. I had the kids with me and they were just kind of roaming around the church with a couple other kids that happened to be there. When I was ready to go, I couldn't find Kade anywhere. All the kids were hanging out together, but no Kade. I started walking around the halls and sure enough here came Kade walking around the corner with his pants around his ankles, bum hanging out, just sobbing. Once he finally calmed down he explained to me that he had been sitting in the bathroom screaming for me (for who knows how long) and "I just wasn't listening to him." Well, while he was waiting for me, the automatic light turned off. So there he was sitting in the dark bathroom with no one to wipe his bum. How sad is that? He was terrified so he decided to just come and find me. Heaven forbid he try to wipe himself???
Makes me feel like a "crappy" mom.
4 comments:
LOL!!!! I believe I have wiped both of their bums a time or two - too funny!!!
HAHAHAHAH! Love that story!
Oh those stories make me laugh!!! I so can relate! :) and I'm glad I'm not the only one whose house is a mess when I am busy running around. Which is basically every weekend so I have come to dread Mondays when I have to put everything back together again! Oh and I am jealous of your Powerade deal! I can't wait to live in Utah to get in on those deals!
kim thomson cleaned up Jake after he messed his pants. UHG! I think we all worry about that when they go to school. My favorite is that they always have to tell you when they are going to go. You are thinking, "just go!"
You are a great mom!!! Love your stories.
Post a Comment