We had big plans for our garden during spring break. Too bad it was snowing. We unanimously decided it was a little tough to plant a garden in a snowstorm. So, we decided to bring spring indoors. I have never, ever planted something, watched it grow and then ate it. I decided this was our year, even though I have no clue what I'm doing. Well, actually last year was supposed to be the year. We made our planter boxes, but never filled them. This is our year!
I took the kids to IFA a couple weeks ago, and we bought the seeds we wanted to plant. We have no idea if the seeds we bought grow well in our climate. Like I said, I know NOTHING about planing. This is going to be a trial and error sort of thing.
Brayden chose some sort of flower to grow. Kaylee chose African Daisies. Kade chose sunflowers.
I gave each of the kids a section with 10 different spots. Brayden and Kaylee both decided they wanted to grow one of everything. Kade on the other hand, didn't want to be bothered by that. He dumped them all in, then he figured he was good. I did assist him at this point, so we wouldn't have 50 sunflower plants.
We placed our plants in a sunny area in my bedroom. The kids check on it hourly. Now keep in mind we planted these on Thursday (today is Wednesday.) So not even a week. Look how talented I am. They grew!!
Aren't they the cutest little plants you've ever seen? Now, please don't comment and tell me this is normal. I truly believe I just might be gifted in the gardening department. So please don't squash that. I just need to figure out what to do now. Yes, you may comment about that.

1 comment:
my suggestions is: Don't eat the flowers. If you want to grow something that you can eat...grow some type of vegetable! :)
good job on your planting. We have a table full of cucumbers and tomatoe plants. I am exited for the day they can go outside - they take up most of my kitchen table.
Post a Comment