4.07.2010

Easter 2010

I loved that Easter fell on General Conference weekend. I had an excuse not to buy easter clothes. We weren't all rushed to get to church, yet we still were uplifted. We were able to see a lot of family. I vote for that every year.

I was a little sad because questions kept flying about the Easter bunny. "Mom, are you the Easter Bunny?" "Mom, why do you have to go easter shopping if the bunny brings everything?" "Mom, why is Grandma filling the Easter eggs when it's the bunny's job?" The bunny almost got caught delivering presents. Luckily, I was able to detour the conversation each time. But this may be the last year I will be able to do that.

Once morning came all 3 kids were excited. They had totally forgot about their bunny issues. It took them quite some time to find their Easter baskets. Kade didn't care that he got a build a bear gift certificate he just wanted candy. Brayden and Kaylee however were very excited.

After the kids found their baskets, mom and dad had one more surprise they had to find. It took them FOREVER, even with clues. I worry for them, they aren't very bright sometimes. After they did find it they were very ecstatic. I found a killer deal on Cowabunga Bay season passes and decided to get that for them for Easter (For some reason I felt like i needed a reason to buy them?) I can't wait for some fun times this summer at the water park.

I think we were able to see all of our family on Easter (except my Dad and Laura- they were on a trip.) Mike's brother came up for the weekend so we had all the cousins at Grandma's Sonia's .Unfortunately my camera died and I didn't get many pictures. The kids all had a fun Easter egg hunt...indoors. It was once again snowing. Kaylee found the coveted "golden egg" which holds $5. Kasen kept following Kaylee around pointing to the gold egg saying, "help me find one of those." It was cute. He was happy when he found out one of his eggs had a quarter. And Brayden found the "silver egg" which had $1. We had a yummy lunch and then enjoyed the second session of conference for the day.

We were able to go to my Mom's house in the evening. All my brother's were there. This guarantees an eventful evening when that happens. Good or bad. The kids loved searching the house for jelly beans and chocolate eggs. I'm sure my mom will be finding hidden jelly beans clear into July. It ended up being a nice evening and a great way to spend the end of our spring break.

1 comment:

Clements Family said...

I love your kids faces as they are reading their clues. That is so cute.
Good luck with your garden. That is awesome (this coming from someone who knows NOTHING about gardening).