5.27.2010

(Afternoon) Preschool Graduation...

Kade brought home a scrapbook from school the other day and I just started bawling. The kids wanted me to read a poem that was in it. I couldn't cause I was bawling. When I saw that my little baby had grown 4 inches in 8 months, I bawled even harder.


I know he still has one more year of preschool, but man, it feels like my baby it growing right before my eyes. It's killing me. I had to wear sunglasses to his graduation because I knew the tears would be coming!

I loved every second of their program. I snapped like 4,000 pictures. Everyday when I pick him up from school I ask him what he learned, and he says nothing. I have absolutely no idea of anything going on. So when he started singing, I was floored that he actually knew a song! I was so happy I had my video camera to capture it. Kade is so animated with his face, he was so fun to watch!


After they were done with their program, Ms Karen had them come up to get their certificate. She had each of them tell what they wanted to be when they grow up. Every single boy said they wanted to be a ninja and every girl said they wanted to be a mommy. When Kade got up he said, "I don't wanna be a ninja, I wanna be a socca playa!"

Kade has learned so much this year from Ms Karen. He has learned to write his name, counting, he can recognize most numbers from 1-10. He has a ways to go with the alphabet but can recognize and write quite a few letters. He has learned shapes, colors, songs, memorization, and phonics. Kaylee and Kade got in an argument the other day about phonics. She said, "You don't even know what phonics are. We write them on a white board at school." He said, "I DO TO!" It goes (making the letter sounds) "aa, bb, cc" We sing the song in school! He quickly put an end to the argument.

All I can say is that I hope this next year goes very very slowly. I am not ready for my baby to start Kindergarten. I will really be doing a lot of crying then!

No comments: