12.01.2010

Thanksgiving 2010...

Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays. I LOVE to eat! Going into the holiday I wasn't overly excited. I was in charge of Kaylee's class party, and it totally wore me out. It also seemed like it was going to be a stressful day and I truly wasn't looking forward to it. The day started out very mellow. I slept in a little, Mike went and played Turkey bowl, and the kids played great all morning. That alone put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. We went to my Mom's house and surprising enough, all four kids were able to be there. And it was actually very pleasant. Brayden serenaded us with his guitar (he has made up a new song...it's fabulous:))
The smell of the yummy food just made my heart happy.

Grampsy decided to help Mom with the sweet potatoes. He kept telling her, "Add more marshmallows." Word of warning: If you don't use miniature marshmallows, this will happen. The marshmallows were oozing all over. They even fell to the bottom and caught on fire. We were more interested in getting a picture, then putting the fire out. I guess that's why the fire alarm started going off. Kaylee quickly grabbed her "treasures" and went straight for the door. She was yelling, "FIRE!"
When we asked Kade what he would like to eat, he replied with, "EVERYFING!" Notice the difference in his plate of food, and the other two kids.
After dinner Brayden skipped dessert and decided to try Sill. It's a Swedish pickled herring. My entire family loves this (except me) and Brayden decided he wanted to be a part. He chewed it up and said he liked it. He didn't have us fooled though. About an hour later he told me his tummy hurt from it, and his mouth tasted like fish still. I don't think he'll be trying it again any time soon.
After my mom's we went over to Sonia's. MORE YUMMY FOOD!!! We ate and ate and ate. After we were finished, the kids wanted to eat their dessert in the form of a pie eating contest. Why not? Brayden and Kaylee had done this at school the day before and both took 2nd place. They wanted to have a rematch. Again they both inhaled it and finished at almost the same exact time. Kade decided he didn't like Apple Pie and quit halfway through. They had so much fun playing with their cousins, we don't get to see them often. They were very sad though that the snow storm kept one set of cousins from coming.

After Sonia's we went to my Dad's for dessert. Weird, although I had already had two huge meals, I still managed to squeeze in a piece of pumpkin pie....and banana cream pie. Delicious!!!

But can I say, the only thing better then a yummy Thanksgiving meal, is leftovers! Late that night, I climbed in the car to go to my Mom's. I just had to have one little turkey sandwich. And can I say, it was fabulous.

I just unbuttoned my pants, and smiled. It turned out to be a great day.

No comments: