Nine years ago today, our family was sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. It was truly a remarkable day.
Finally, having the peace of mind that my family was forever. They were mine. It is a feeling that is so indescribable. This little kid lit up my world, and I never wanted to lose him. I finally had him forever (as with the additional children we later added to the family.) This day was worth all the hard work we had to do to get there.
I woke up this morning feeling so much gratitude in my heart. I have been extremely blessed because of the path I have chosen to follow. My life is filled with tender mercies. I recognize my Heavenly Father's hand in my life. He truly guides me and helps me day after day. For some reason I am a person that gets SO stressed out SO easily. My middle name could be anxiety. But I have recently noticed a change in the way I handle things, the way I approach things, my thought processes. I know this change has come as I have learned trust in Him.
Today I felt an urgency to go to the temple. I thought it would be the perfect way to celebrate our sealing anniversary. I felt so much peace as I walked in, and I KNEW it was were I was supposed to be. I have come to love the ladies I see weekly, and I was looking forward to seeing their kind smiles. As I sat waiting, I recognized a voice. As I proceeded through, I was greeted by the sweetest lady from my ward. My heart swelled as I saw her and hugged her. I was quickly reminded that not only will heaven be filled with members of my family, but also with sweet dear friends, and neighbors. It won't be the same without them there. How magnificent it will be. It put peace in my heart knowing I will have many loved ones there.
I will remember this feeling I felt today. I will forever feel a special bond with this sweet sister, because of a sweet moment we shared together. I will forever be grateful for my AMAZING husband and the eternities I get to spend with him. And I will forever be indebted to my Heavenly Father for the many blessings he has given me.
8 comments:
Happy 9 years on your sealing!! That has gone so fast!! Love your post...so sweet! Love all your updates...glad Kade didn't end up with nuffing! So cute!!
Okay, you made me cry! Thanks a lot. That was totally unexpected as I'm sitting here eating lunch and drinking my diet coke. Anyway, I am so happy for you and happy that we could be there for your special day. You have the most amazing family and life. It's obvious that your sealing has been an incredible blessing in your life. Congrats.
What a great day that was! I still wish that I would have been there with you (at least I was there after though, right:))!! Love ya!
Heather, I love seeing people I love at the temple! Congratulations to you and your sweet family on you sealing anniversary! I admire you more than you will ever know. You are an awesome lady!
Your pic's are adorable. I'm so lucky to be working with you in YW. You are a remarkable person!
Way to make a girl cry. Heather you are so amazing, I love reading your thoughts. You are such a amazing person, thank you it was a good reminder to me of all that I have to be thankful for.
Thanks for this post, it was a great reminder of why we are here. Thanks for sharing about your special day nine years ago and on your anniversary:)
I am so happy for you two and what a nice post to read! Love you guys!
Post a Comment