A few weeks back, some of my friends and I got to attend the auditions for So You Think You Can Dance here in SLC. What an amazing experience. When I received the email to get free tickets, I knew I couldn't miss this opportunity! My cute friend Becca couldn't come with us, but we quickly found our her brother's girlfriend would be trying out. We let him use her ticket so he could come watch her audition (Happy to find out later that she made it to Vegas!!) This totally worked to our advantage. He had had surgery a few days before and was on crutches, so we got royalty treatment. I am quickly learning that if you can get most anything if you just ask for it (Thanks Vivian!) Vivian went right to the front of the line and asked if Sam could get a place to sit down. If you look closely at the picture, you can see the line of people waiting outside in the cold. We got to go inside and wait on a padded bench. When it was time to let people in, we were the first through the doors, and also seated right behind the dancers. We had the perfect view of the dancers, the judges, and all the behind scene action. I wish we could have gotten more pictures, but they wouldn't allow camera's or phones in. Here is a pic before we went into the auditorium.
Above: Jamie (Allison's friend,) Me, Sam, and Vivian
Below: Jamie, Allison, Sam, and Vivian.
Not pictured: Lindsay (I think she was parking her car when we took this?)
The judges for the day were Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, and one of the Pussycat dolls. I would have loved for Tyce to be there, the pussycat doll was a horrible judge! It was amazing to see the dancers. Most of them were VERY good, some questionable, other's not so much! We came to the conclusion that we think they hire the REALLY bad ones, with weird stories. Their were a couple of them there, but it just seemed too off the wall to be real. It was a fantastic day! This is seriously one of my favorite shows, and it was a dream to be able to be a part of it. So, when the season airs, look for us sitting right behind the dancers! Thanks Sam for letting us take advantage of your pain!


No comments:
Post a Comment