2.18.2011

What I love...today

In honor of Valentines Day that was a few days ago. I thought I would share some things that I love and things that have made me happy today.

1) The beloved Corolla is finally up and running. We have been a one car family for 2 weeks now. This doesn't work so well when you have a husband with an outside sales job. All I can say is I'm grateful for dear friends and neighbors that have helped pick up, drop off, and drive us where we need to be. I've never loved the Corolla as much as I do today.

2) I love the Red Hanger down the street from me. For Valentines day we went out to dinner and the lady behind me spilled red wine all over my white coat. I am so grateful the dry cleaner was able to get it out. The owners of the restaurant and the lady that spilled it were more then gracious about replacing it. I'm just grateful we didn't have to worry about that.

3) I am so happy that Michelle was finally voted off the Bachelor! Hopefully all Bachelor fans have had a chance to watch this week, it was great (if you haven't, sorry I just ruined the surprise.) It made for the best Valentines. Which brings me to...

4) I heart my Valentine. I don't want to make everyone jealous, but when it comes to husbands, I got the best! Mike is seriously the best thing I could ever ask for. We celebrated Valentines by going on a hot date a few days before. We went out to dinner at a YUMMY restaurant and went and saw the funniest show ever (Just Go With It.) We laughed so hard we were crying. Then on Valentines we spent the night doing our favorite thing. Cuddling on the couch with a good show, and some yummy treats. I couldn't have asked for more. Mike is so patient with me. He NEVER criticizes me, puts me down, or makes me feel like less of a person. He lets me ramble on and on and he always listens (despite how pointless it is.) He still thinks I'm pretty, he takes me out, and pampers me endlessly!

5) I love that I have good babysitters I can rely on. This allows for Mike and I to still "date." It's so hard leaving your kids when you feel uneasy. We have seriously found the best. I can call any of them anytime and always count on them showing up. They love my kids and in return my kids love them. My kids are always bugging us to "go out" so they can play with the babysitters.

6) I love having good friends. Just recently I've been reminded about how important it is to have friends surrounding you. I am the type of person that likes to spend time alone. I don't naturally reach out to others when I'm having a problem. If I'm doing something with my kids, I tend to do it alone instead of call someone to join us. But lately I've had more people surrounding me. It brightens my day, makes things more enjoyable, and it's easier to go through "things" when you have someone to talk to. Thanks to all the good people in my life.

7) I love my kids. They make me smile and laugh each and every day. They help me stay grounded. I love that they do silly things (sometimes.) Like when I'm trying to put on my make up or do my hair and Kade just slyly reaches up to tickle my armpit. Over and over until he's giggling so hard. It makes me smile. I love watching them make friends and helping others out. I love watching them learn new things and become better people.

8) I love my bank. I love that they instantly notified me when they saw "suspicious" activity on my account. They quick to cancel the account, send me new card, dispute the charges, and return the money back to me. Something that could have been such a nightmare ended up working out OK (despite it happening at the same  time out car broke down.)

Life is good, and I have no room to complain...today:)

3 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

I am exactly like you when it comes to #6. Im glad you had a great vday! You certainly deserve the best and im glad that Mike and your kids give you that! xoxox

Vivian said...

I am happy, truly happy that for you TODAY has been a great day and you value all the good around you. I should be working on that exercise, too. :)

The Lind's said...

What we love is the whole Davis family!! Thanks for being such great friends!!