This past week I have been busy with New Beginnings preparations. It was fun. I like being creative. But when it comes down to pulling it all together it's so stressful. You wonder if the music you've been practicing will be sung just right. Or if the program you put together will be conveyed with the same spirit you felt when writing it. Or if all the girls will show up and come through with their assignments. Or if the TV will work when it's time to play the video you put together. Or if you'll choke when it's your turn to stand up and speak. Well, let's just say some of the things turned out as planned. Other's not so much. But you live and learn. Our mutual theme this year is the 13th article of faith. So we tied that into our theme, "Black & White." We talked about how the gospel and the things we learn are clear. It's either black or white, no gray areas in between. The gospel is consistent never wavering. I didn't get any pictures of the girls (which were the most important part) but snapped a few of the decor. (sorry, bad phone pics again.)
Subway Art Chalkboard ( I lost a few words so it didn't turn out quite as I envisioned it.)
Photo board (made with scrapbook paper)
We Believe Wood Blocks
Refreshments: Black & White sundaes with homemade oreos.
As I got home from the activity tonight, I was reminded of the special little faces I have been neglecting. They quickly reminded me that although I haven't been the best mother or wife, they clearly still love me. They forgive me. The house was quiet, all little bodies were sound asleep. And I was greeted with a trail of hearts and love notes. Made. My. Night!
They were left in my roses...
In the vacuum...
On my pillow...
And in the bathroom.
I am so grateful for my calling. It keeps me busy, keeps me on my toes, and it's so rewarding. But I'm also grateful for the balance my family gives me. So, I think I will head to bed and get a good night's sleep so I can pamper my family in the morning.








6 comments:
I absolutely loved the B&W theme! It turned out so pretty my friend! Makes me want to be in Young Women! :)
Enjoy the peace! That is what I do as I blog, enjoy and forget the craziness going in my life right now!
We just did our New Beginnings on Sunday. Phew! What a lot of work. I know how busy it gets being in the YW. I have to adimit that I might have to borrow some of your ideas. It turned out very cute. Miss ya!
Thank you so much for all your hard work. Everything was amazing!! You thought of every little detail- was very evident how much time you put into everything. Thank you for sacrificing so much for the YW. You're so talented and I feel so lucky to work with you. Love ya!
Oh my heck how cute was ur new beginnings...I am sure it was perfect! Good job!!
New Beginnings turned out so wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work that you go to to help our daughters feel so loved and important. You are an amazingly talented person!
Post a Comment