It's official. I have started training for this race.
For all you marathon runners out there, Don't mock me. Yes, I need to train for a 5k.
I have had the goal for about 3 years now to run a 5k (yes, that is how good I am at setting and achieving goals.) But I never do it, because I don't have a plan. I go out running and after 5 minutes my throat is bleeding (have any of you ever felt that? Mike thinks I'm making it up.) And I never go out again, because I hate every second of it.
Well, thanks to an awesome young women's group and an awesome training schedule, I KNOW I can do it this time. I have girls that will be showing up at my house twice a week to run, so even if I don't like it, I'm committed. If I back out now, I will be letting them all down. So, I'm committed.
We ran last night for the first time and it was awesome...except for the fact that I have shin splints now (thanks Mom!) Shins splints and all, I will be back out tomorrow night. I am trying my best to help our family be healthier (actually Mike is the motivator behind that. Have you seen him lately? He looks awesome!) And with much research, I have decided that much of Brayden's hyperactivity that he is struggling with, is coming from the foods we are eating. So with regular exercise, and a shift in our diet, hopefully we can become a happier healthier family (really, I'm just worried that my husband is going to be smaller then me...can't let that happen.)

4 comments:
You are sooo funny!! I think it's so normal to not want to look bigger than our husbands..LOL..you've always look amazing anyway. Way to go girl!
Hey! glad to see this was you and not some random Heather from back in the day :) Of course I don't mind you blog stalking me because now I can stalk yours. I know the Hulls because I went to school with Jennifer clear back to Elementary age.
I totally know the bleeding throat feeling! It goes away over time! Mike does look awesome and the fear of being larger than your husband could not happen to you, you are tiny! But I hear you. You can totally do it! I am planning on doing this race too. It should be fun, I have done it before and it is perfect for your first race. Easy course and laid back environment. If you ever need a running a partner let me know, I run right by your house three times a week! Keep it up, you will do GREAT!
Can you share the schedule for training!?
Post a Comment