10.06.2011

What I have realized...

1. I have realized that having 3 children was the smartest decision we have yet to make. I sometimes question if I should have had more. But I definitely know that 3 is all I can handle.

2. I have realized that I crumble and fall apart when the hubby goes out of town. I know I rely on him too heavily, but he is honestly my rock. When he's gone I have no hands to crumble into.

3. I have realized that my house is no longer baby proof. I have no idea what to do with little babies anymore. There was once a time where these little creatures consumed my life and time. Although they consume much of my time still, they don't rely on me so heavily. We are now busy with homework, play dates, and carpooling to their various activities.

4. I have realized that although I am content with the 3 children I have, it's a delight to have this little boy in our home. He brings such an innocence and happy smile. My kids are so great with him and love playing with him. I don't know if we will continue watching him, but for now we will enjoy his happy smile.

5. I have realized that I love the "me" time I have each day. I know I haven't utilized my time very well, but it's still very enjoyable. I am the type of person that thrives on peace and silence. My kids and husband however do not have that same personality so it's always LOUD around here. During "me" time, it's usually silent with the occasional instrumental music in the background. Although I love the time I have to myself, I feel like its time for me to make some changes. Whether it's continuing to watch this little baby, or start working out of the house...we'll see.

6. I have realized that 2 tiny pills taken each day has changed our lives.
Brayden was "officially" diagnosed with ADHD this past summer. We have struggled with this for years but it has recently come to a point where he needed some help. He was having a really hard time in school, soccer, and at home. We spent the summer trying to find something that worked for him. I think we have finally found "magic." He is doing so well!!!

And after years and years of being sick, countless medical tests, and thousands of dollars, I think I have finally found something that is working for me. It's one little pill I take in the morning before I have breakfast. Who knew? Although I'm not 100%, I am feeling much better. I continue to have the occasional headache and extreme fatigue but the stomach issues have come to halt for now.  It's only been 2 weeks, but I remain hopeful.

7. I realize that taking medication is not always the answer. Bad, bad things happen to people when they become reliant on medications. Unfortunately we have had to deal with this in our family, and it's very fresh on our minds. I get that. I get that it's not always good.  I know many people are against medicating yourself and your children. But we have honestly tried everything and have finally found relief from these 2 little pills.

8. I have realized that when we think we can go no further, when we have nothing left in us, there is always something more for us to cling to. When we think we've reached bottom, something pulls us up. Whether its a spouse or a good friend, a good laugh, strength from above, a night on the dance floor, or inspiring messages...something always pulls us up. And we keep going. 

9.I have realized that although life is hard, life is good.  I am grateful for those things that keep us going and the constant reminder that someone is watching out for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED this post! Glad you are feeling better too!

Clements Family said...

Love your post. I am glad things are going better for you....and hope that it continues.