1.30.2012

Black Friday...

November 24

Somehow I was talked into Black Friday shopping this year (like practically dragged.) I love sleep and hate crowds. I knew this would not be my thing (especially since there was nothing that I "needed.") The minute I saw the parking lot at Walmart at 9:45, I offered to stay in the car. My anxiety levels were a little high. At 9:56 someone was trying to say something on the intercom and nobody could hear it. Everyone supposed this was the "go ahead" they had been waiting for. It was pure madness at that point. People were pushing, and throwing toys, and stacks of things were falling everywhere. I swear pallets of items were gone in .5 seconds. Becca and I literally retracted from the situation. Nothing was worth putting myself in danger like that. I was lucky enough to happen upon some jammies...piece of crap btw, but I HAD to purchase something on Black Friday. Oh, and I bought a white tshirt for Kade. PS...not even on sale. We head to the check out lines and it's literally at least an hour to pay (yes, I was only buying a tshirt and jammies...so dumb.) People had carts and carts full of things. The ladies we were waiting next to were totally insane (think claws out.) At one point I wanted to ask them, "Are you for reals?" That sort of madness does not bring out the best in people.  

After WalMart we hit the mall. I thought, this is where I would score big. Every store had great deals. Little did I know that every high school kid in the valley decided to go "hang out" that night. Seriously, loads and loads of kids just standing around. Who let's there kids do that? It's midnight people! Isn't that curfew?  

I had to take this pic below to remember the crazy amounts of people. It was shoulder to should for one end of the mall to the next. So not my thing.

 I was so happy when the girls wanted to go into Journey because there was an open seat. The minute I sat down my eyes closed. It was so nice, I was dreaming of my bed. Apparently I'm too old for this. My friends called me "Mom" the rest of the night.

No comments: