1.20.2012

TOFW

November 18-19

Time Out for Women is by far one of my very favorite weekends. This year I was lucky enough to not only go, but to go with some fabulous friends! I loved the theme for this year, Choose to Become. Over the past year I have really been putting this into motion (thanks to Personal Progress.) I loved all the talks and music that helped emphasize this statement.

Friday Agenda:
*Head downtown around 3:00
*Checked into The Little America
*Ate some YUMMY food at JWong's
*Went to the Salt Palace for some wonderful messages from Hilary Weeks, Sheri Dew, and Brad Wilcox (The nice thing about TOFW is you don't have to be as reverent as you are at church. We still giggled and had girl talk about "breaking the barrier" and other important topics during the breaks.)
*Went back to the hotel
*Decided we were hungry...again. Went to Chili's until after midnight. I have not been "out" that late in so long.
*Hung out in the hotel room and laughed and laughed and laughed.
*"you are so dumb."
*Realized the roof was outside our balcony...and it was snowing. How can resist doing snow angels at that point, even if your in your jammies and  have bear feet.
*Decided around 2:30 that morning was going to come really quick.
*Tried to go to sleep....



Saturday:
*Woke up around 6:00 so we could alternate showing and getting ready
*Tried to cover up the bags under my eyes...no luck there.
*Hit the buffet breakfast at Little America
*Go to Salt Palace to claim seats
*Spend the day being uplifted and spiritually fed with wonderful talks, by wonderful people, surrounded by good friends.
*Lunch. Most of the group went to Red Rock but My Mom, Jamie and I decided to stay out of the cold and ate at the Salt Palace. It was really good.
*4:00 Our Time Out was over :(



 Front: My Mom, Me, Jamie, Mitzi, Rachel, Jenn, Becky
Back: Lynette ,Steph, Heidi, Sheri, Janae, Becca, Krista, Mandy, Staci, Kristie

Thanks Jenn for making sure to document the washing machine that we brought along in our travels. How we would have missed it if we left it home. (You had to be there to know why.)
I am seriously so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing women. They are each an example to me every single day. I feel honored to be among their influence. We had a wonderful time and walked away feeling better and hopeful of the things to come. This was a much needed time out!

No comments: