1.30.2012

Thanksgiving...

November 24

This year for Thanksgiving we decided to go down to Filmore to be with my Dad's side of the family. It has been a really long time since we were all together. It was so great seeing cousins, and their kids, aunts, uncles and grandparents (somehow I didn't get a picture of everybody.) For me, this is how I remember Thanksgiving. My Grandma always made the best dinner. We all gathered and at celery and cheese as we waited for her to finish up. The tables were adorned with candy cornucopias.  Her pumpkin pie was the best. Unfortunately, the family is getting older and bigger and it's too hard to get together anymore. So this will probably be the last time we gather for this sort of occasion. That made it that much more special.

Since my parents divorce, holidays are always hard. It's hard having to split up your time, and not be able to be with all your loved ones each holiday. Luckily, at some point during the holiday break, we we were able to spend some time with almost everyone.

RyRy (the big little kid) and kids
Grandma Karma, Paul and Becky 
Mike, Grandpa Dale, and Curtis 
The feast 
Kaylee and Mike 
Aunt Kim, Lilly, Allison, Sam, Adam and girlfriend
(Sam left on her mission 5 days after this. So happy for her.) 
Fuzzy picture but had to include it. Me and my siblings and their significant others
Mike, Me, Whitney, Curtis, Paul, Ryan, Becky 
Me, Paul, Ryan, and Curtis (I guess I didn't get the memo about the cowboy hats.) 
Curtis, Me, Paul, Ryan 
Aunt Lolo and Brayden, Uncle Dave preparing the meat, and RyRy, again with the kids.
We joked with him that he still hasn't graduated to the "adult" table. 
Every year at our family Christmas party we do a white elephant exchange and the candy bar game. Since we are all spread out now, we haven't done it in awhile. After we ate dinner we were able to play these games. Always a good time. Kade couldn't sit down to open his present because his pockets were FULL of rocks. I'm not talking about a few little rocks, he had about 20 shoved in his pockets. I guess that's a good indication that we were in the country. 



No comments: