I hate politics. I hate everything about it. I've never wanted anything to with politics, if I hear about it, I shut it off, turn my head, turn off the TV. But it's evident that now that we have a new president things are definitely changing. I guess I have to change my ways. I have to say I am a little (teeny bit) proud of myself. In the last two days, I have signed two petitions and sent off a letter to the senator. These are both issues that I feel strongly about and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be the end either. I guess it's time to speak up. So if your interested in either of these issues here are the links to get involved.
"The Freedom of Choice Act" This Act would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide. http://www.fightfoca.com/
Another One I chose to act on is "The Handmade Toy Alliance." Anybody that orders on Etsy or has been to an "Oh Sweet Sadie Show," you probably want to get involved. If this passes it will basically will put all the vendors out of business. Take a minute to read about and send a letter to make your voice heard. Go to change.org.
How was that for my first attempt for a little politics???
1 comment:
Nice work! I need to be more involved and knowledgable about politics too. So thanks for the reminder. I signed the petition by the link on your blog, so you are definitely doing your part by spreading the word which is awesome! Oh and thanks for the 72 hour kit advice:) Did you learn anything new at your enrichment activity? I love how much I can learn from blogging!
Post a Comment