1.14.2009

My little tank

Kade has been so fun lately (if we aren't counting the hours between 6 and 7 at night.) He just wants to play all day long. The second the kids leave for school he gets out a game and starts setting it up. I always ask him, "Kade who ya gonna play with?" And he always responds, "Me, You. We play dis game. I beat you." And he could literally play the same game over and over for hours before he got bored.

The kid wakes up with a smile on his face, usually giggling about something. The other night Mike and I were laying in bed and we heard a big thud. It sounded like someone had fallen out of their bed, but nobody woke up crying. So we got up to check on the kids and sure enough, Kade had fallen out of bed. He had landed perfectly back on the floor with a stuffed animal under his head and the covers back over him. It didn't even phase him, so we left him there. He woke up in the morning just laughing because he said his covers fell off his bed. Apparently he wasn't too concerned he was laying there too.
His favorite thing to do is help Mike fix things, or help me with something. As soon as he sees a tool in hand he goes to find a matching one. We were putting this desk together the other day and he ran so quick to get his drill, hammer, and helmet to help put it together. He was so proud with the end result.



Don't mind Mike's scary eyes in this picture. My camera battery died so I couldn't take another one.

Kade has also come up with this very random but funny thing he does and I want to remember that he does it. Refer to picture below so I don't have to try to describe it. He calls these his "brave goggles." Anytime he is hurt, or someone is crying, or we tell him to be brave he does this. I'm not really sure where he came up with this but it's so funny. When he split his head open he was bleeding really bad, and I was driving him to the Dr. trying to talk to him and calm him down and I looked in my rear view mirror and he was sitting in his car seat doing this. Another time Kaylee was at the doctor and they were poking her with a little needle and she was just crying and I was telling her it was ok. Kade was sitting over in the corner with his "brave goggles."



I am grateful for the one on one time I have had with Kade while the kids are at school. His little smile lights up my day. Any time I get upset about something he gets in my face and says, "I happy mom." His smile is so mischievous it's so hard to ever get mad at him for anything.

7 comments:

busymama said...

I just adore your little tank!! I have FUNNY stories to tell you from Addi today (she is not so sure about him kissing her:)!!! Thanks for letting them come over today,they love you guys!

Clements Family said...

We just love Kade. He really is always happy. That was such a cute post about him. Also...props on getting involved in politics...I am so not good at that!

Bree said...

He is seriously so cute, he cracks me up. I think he just might be Jonathan's favorite person ever!

The Lind's said...

Who doesn't LOVE Kade! He seriously is so stinking cute. I just love his brave goggles! What a sweet boy!

Heather way to go on the politics! I admire you. I am so lost when it comes to politics!

Nicole said...

What a cutie:) My mom said she ran into you awhile back. She said that Kade is ADORABLE and that his pictures on your blog don't even do him justice!!! You have a cute family:)

Lindsey Stubler said...

He is such a cutie! I love his little cheeks. I agree with you on the 6:00 to 7:00 hours of the night. Can we just skip those? They're the WORST!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! Kade is adorable, I can't wait for him to be in my primary class!!! :)