1.10.2010

New Beginnings...

"Be strong and of a good courage;
be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:
for the Lord thy God is with thee
whithersoever thou goest" Joshua 1:9

This is the 2010 Young Women's theme. I am SO EXCITED to be able to participate in the Young Women's organization this year. I was called today to be the Young Women's secretary. I think I have some fabulous opportunities ahead of me. We have some amazing leaders and some fabulous young women.

A couple months ago I was talking to a friend about this scripture. Although I was not in young women's at the time, I have kept it marked in my scriptures and continued to read it over and over. I have been able to find so much comfort through these words. I have a feeling it will be one that I refer to often.

7 comments:

busymama said...

So excited!!!

Kayle said...

Congrats Heather- I know you will do a great job in the Young Womens. You are right there are great leaders and girls there. Have fun!!!!

Lindsey Stubler said...

I'm excited that we get to swap ideas now! You'll be so great in Young Womens. I am loving this scripture too... we asked the young women and the young men to memorize it, and we say it together after we do the theme each Sunday and Wednesday. I have a copy of it on my mirror in my bathroom too because I think it has such an amazing message. We don't have to be scared about anything... even Young Womens callings! Because we will always have someone to help us be "strong" and have "courage" and we will never be alone. Love ya.

Christie said...

You will LOVE being in YW. It has been such a great blessing in my life. The girls are such an inspiration to me. I can't imagine being any where else. I will be sooooo sad when the day comes that I get released.

Clements Family said...

Oh Heath...what a great calling! Perfect for you! You will do great, those girls will love you.
Love the quote too.
PS...Kade is adorable! We just love him.

Allison Bushman said...

You will love Young Women's & I know you'll do a wonderful job! Congrats!

The Lind's said...

What a great scripture!! I needed that! The YW will love you! You will be great! So I was thinking about when I was called to the YW...I had to laugh. I was the "assistant secretary" really?? is there such a need?? They really just needed a spot for me...oh and to help bring the roll each week. They didn't even need me to come during the week! :) It was a pretty funny calling...and the sad thing was I felt like I was still a young women! Anyhow had to share! You will do great!!