12.29.2007
I did it...
Many of you have been following my progress on the quilt, wondering if I was going to get it done on time for Christmas. And for the record, I was able to get it all done except for the binding on the edges. I had to wait until after Christmas to post the pictures In case Sonia logged on and saw them. So here it is. This is just the top piece before we tied it.
I took all of Bill's t-shirts and turned them into a quilt for Sonia. And since I have very little sewing experience I found a website that gave me step by step instruction on how to make it.
One night a sweet lady from my ward came and help me set the quilt up on the quilting frames and tied with me for a little while as well. And yes, when it got down to crunch time, I taught Mike how to tie the quilt. I think he actually enjoyed himself. I felt bad I wasn't able to get it all finished up before Christmas but since I'm so inexperienced it took me longer then I had planned. Maybe I can recruit somebody to finish it for me. I'm glad I did it, I think she enjoyed it for the few minutes she got to see it:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is wonderful, what a treausure!!! I am so proud of you!!
Hope your Christmas was Wonderful!! love ya!
Heather that turned out so good. I thought that was such an awesome thing to do for Sonia when Mike told us about it. Cute pictures from Christmas also.
that quilt is so neat. that will be such a good way to remember mikes dad. how sweet. Katie
Post a Comment