5.11.2008

I'm blessed...

I always love Mother's Day. I love the chance to be spoiled, and an excuse to not have to do anything. I love milking the day for all it's worth, sleeping in, breakfast in bed, followed by a nap a couple hours later. Today was different somehow though. We had 9:00 church so their was no sleeping in, their was no time for a big breakfast. However they did make me a fabulous bowl of Frosted Flakes (my favorite) and some juice. We went to church and I got to listen to the Primary kids sing songs about our different roles as mom's and the different things as mothers we are responsible for teaching our children. Although I loved today and I got spoiled, and I had to do little around the house, I had a different outlook on Mother's Day today. I didn't spend so much time thinking about me and what everybody is doing for me. I spent a lot of time today thinking about how grateful I am to be a mom. I am so blessed with amazing children that keep me laughing, smiling, amused, confused, in awe, and sometimes so terribly overwhelmed. But I wouldn't trade one day that I have got to spend with them for anything. Here are somethings I love about being a mother:

*I love seeing my kids laugh, smile, giggle, play, wrestle.
* I love when they make me realize that I don't need to sweat the small stuff. It's much more important to sit down and play with them, the chores can wait.
*I love how life is always so fun and happy to them. Kaylee is big on watching people's face's. She will always ask me "Mom, why aren't you smiling?" Even if nothing is wrong I need to keep a smile on my face, or Kaylee is concerned.
*I love when the kids take time to make something for me. Anytime they give me a gift they are so proud of their work and so happy to show me.
*I love when I see their testimony growing. It means that all the effort put into FHE, family scripture study, family prayer, and taking them to church each week is paying off. This is my biggest concern as a parent is that I won't do enough to help build their testimony and build their knowledge in the gospel. I know if I can do this that no matter what decisions they make in life they will always have this knowledge to go back on.
* I love anytime we attempt any of the above (FHE, scripture time, prayer time, or anytime anybody sits down) Kade breaks out into a game of Duck, duck, goose. Kade is starting to learn to talk and he is growing up and I love seeing this milestone in his life. I love seeing all my kids milestones, one of the best parts of being a mom.
*Bedtime stories, and bedtime bonding.
*One on one bonding with each kid. I love getting to know each one of my kids better. Each one of them is so amazing. I love taking the time to get to know them better.

I am so blessed to be their mother....

4 comments:

Clements Family said...

You are such a great mom! I love that Kaylee asks why aren't you smiling...what a good thought that we should always be smiling!

The Balls said...

I love reading your blog! You always have the sweetest things to say and you always put things in perspective for me! You are always so thankful for what you have, I need to do that more. You may not realize what a wonderful example you are to everyone but you are. You are a great mother and I wish I was more like you. Good Luck with your strawberries!

Bree said...

Everything I was thinking Lindsey and Rachel just said ... but really it's so true, and I loved the smiling comment too. You make me so excited to watch my family grow and to add to our little family.

Amazed said...

I love the idea of pondering the blessings of being a mom rather than what people can do for us....great post!