5.10.2008

Thanks for all you do...


We had our Primary Activity yesterday. I was really happy with the way things turned out. I think everybody had a good time. Obviously with so many primary kids things are going to be chaotic, but other then that, it was fun. We had the kids each bring somebody that they could serve. My kids brought Grandma Sonia with them. They had a lot of fun. After it was over, Sonia said she even got massaged in all the wrong places, thanks to Kaylee.



We had set up six different stations.

*The first station was an ice cream station. They got to make ice cream sundaes for themselves and their special person.

*The second station they got to decorate a magnetic wooden frame and then get their picture taken. (When I went to start taking pictures I realized I had forgotten my battery at home charging...trust me:) Luckily somebody else had a camera.)

*The third station was a chore relay race. They got to experience some of the everyday chores that us mom's and dad's do. Like fold clothes, change diapers, and drive from place to place.

*The forth station they got to give their special someone a hand and foot massage with different lotions. We also had different magazines for them to read while they were at this station.

*The fifth station they got to make a coupon book for their special person.

*And the sixth station they got to give their special person a back massage. We had back massagers and relaxing music. I'm not sure you could even hear the music with the noise coming from the gym. But hey, the hopefully they got the point.

I ended up getting so much help. Thanks to everybody that pitched in and helped!!!! I know it wasn't easy. I had someone helping me scoop ice cream in the kitchen who also had her two little boys that didn't want to be there. I had a friend help with the kids before the party so I could go finish setting up. I had someone else managing little ones who were chucking back massagers and just didn't "get" the concept of a relaxing back massage. I had someone helping me with center pieces. And people bringing things, and tons of people cleaning up. Tons of people stepped in and helped and that made things sooo much easier. I've been doing activities, in some way or another since I've moved into this ward, and I love seeing how everybody comes together to help out.

PS. After about 13 years you would think I would have figured out my "cycle" by now. Well that complaining I was doing a couple days ago about being in a funk, it's called PMS. It could have made my week a whole lot easier if I knew what was causing me to be so unlike myself. So now that you all know a little bit more about my personal life, you can stop worrying about me. I've even had phone calls asking if I was pregnant...and no, it's not possible in this household. I'm just PMSing:)

2 comments:

Clements Family said...

That is the cutest activity ever! I am sure Sonia really did appreciate it! Have a good Mother's Day!

Alison said...

What a fun activity for the kids! It looks like a lot of work for the adults though!