5.07.2008

AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

That felt much better to get that off my chest. I have been in such a funk for for the past week or so. I am just not at the top of my game. I cry at the drop of a hat. We have been able to do a few fun things while Brayden has been off track, I will post those later. I have just been so busy trying to get things ready for our upcoming Primary Activity, I just haven't had time for anything. Mother's Day couldn't come at a better time because as of Saturday morning I'm officially going on a mental vacation until Sunday night (I know a few other people that might want to join me) I have been so neglecting to my kids, my house, my husband, I'm going on about 3 days of trying to get laundry done. How do working mom's do it? When I have any responsibly out of the "norm" I'm a mess. But I thought I would give a quick update on how things were going.

Brayden: I spoke WAY too soon about the off track situation. We've had fun, but I think he's ready to go back. Another 11 days...but who's counting. My sweet dad and Laura took him down to Filmore to visit my Grandma and Grandpa last night. He had a blast and he hasn't stopped talking about it since he got home. It was a nice break.

Kaylee: She has been struggling with some of the house rules lately. Namely, keeping her room clean, answering the phone, and answering the door to complete strangers. We are going to install a lock on the top of the door that none of the kids can reach. The kids answer the door to stupid sales people, and then I'm a sucker to buy their products (bad experience this week..oops!) She really thinks that she's not capable of cleaning her room by herself, but she FINALLY did it this week and she was so proud of herself. I told her she couldn't do ANYTHING until she finished it, expecting for it to take days, but she finished in about 20 min. I was happy that she saw immediate rewards. She had a friend come over right after and ask her to come play in the sprinklers, the next day she got to go down to Thanksgiving Point with her bestest friend Brooks, and then today she had a BLAST playing with Hallee and Addi. All the while her room has remained clean.

Kade: He has been rotten!!! He had a fever and a little diarrhea last week, that has past but his attitude stayed. The kid doesn't stop crying. I wish their was some medication you could buy that would help with whining. I don't know, maybe I should take him in and have him checked out but he's not showing signs that anything is bugging him. It's sure bugging me though

Mike: I think he's just bugged by all of us. So he just goes golfing:)

8 comments:

Amazed said...

I about cried when I read your post today....after all that you are feeling...and yet you helped my girl today....all of them! Thank you sooo much....Brandi appreciated it so much....maybe you two could run away together!!! Anyway, you're an angel. I hope you know how much your sweet service today meant to B. and me!

busymama said...

rats! she beat me to it!! Thanks again for your help today! I'm up for a little golf Saturday!:)

Heather said...

How about a massage:)

The Lind's said...

wow! Sounds like you have been busy! I agree with "how do working mom's do it" even being a stay at home mom...my laundry is never done and my house is a mess. I always say my house would be cleaner if I worked...because we wouldn't be here to dirty it! :) Makes me feel a little better! Hope you have a happy and relaxing Mother's Day!!

Clements Family said...

I am sorry you have been having such a rough time! At least we got to hang out a little the other day...it was so fun. I am sure you will have a great Mother's Day...you are always so spoiled by all your fam! Let me know if I can do anything!

Jamey said...

Hey, I set my blog to private, so if you would like an invite, email me at jameytobler@hotmail

Jamey said...

Oh...I hit enter...I meant to add...I hope you are doing better! Have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Bree said...

How whould it be to run off and golf! Dads think they have it bad becasue they have to GO to work everyday, what the don't realize is that we wake up to work and go to sleep to work, and you cant ever take a day off. A DAY off is more like two hours off! So on that note we will be there in June so plan on lots of dads babysitting together and lots of mom's getting pedi's and what ever else we want Tai Pan, lunch?!? Laying out at the pool... ALONE!