5.23.2008

Princess Pedicure...


I think I have created a monster. A couple weeks ago my mom and I were going to get a pedicure so we took Kaylee along with us. Little did I know how much she would enjoy it. At the age of 4 I thought it was kind of silly for her to get the whole works like soaking her feet in the bubbles and getting massaged so I just asked them if they would paint her nails. Kaylee just played into the whole role of "pamper me please." She strutted over to pick her nail polish, then lounged back in the massaging chair. And the whole time in her most dramatic voice she continued to say "I LOVE pedicures. I wish I could do this everyday. This is the best because their are no boys around." The lady was cute with her and painted her nails too and then put butterflies and flowers on her little nails. And when she was finished Kaylee said, "Oh, that was the softest pedicure I ever got." She's a silly girl. But since then she has continued to ask me to go back. So she has been working on a reward chart and the reward she wanted to pick was to go back and get another pedicure. We'll see how long it will take her to fill her reward chart.

The day after Kaylee got her pedicure she had a late night princess party to go to. So she got all dolled up and made sure that she wore open toed shoes so everybody could see her toes. She had a great time with her little friends and thought it was a blast that she got to stay up way past her bedtime. She kept telling me, "I hope I'm home before midnight so I don't turn into a pumpkin." Let's just say she didn't turn into a pumpkin. She was home and all tucked into bed by 9:30.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is so funny about her pedicure- I love her cute comments! I can't believe how old she is getting. That princess party sounds like such a fun idea. Oh and I loved your reason for going to the soccer game! That was funny. Hope all is well and we miss you guys!

The Lind's said...

Completely jealous of your soccer game. I am dying to go see him...I mean them :)!! He is actually playing now? Impressive! Oh and what a cute little princess. I am too jealous of your pedicures!