7.10.2008

Keepin' Up

Wow! It is so hard keeping up with this "journal" thing. Life get's so crazy, it's always one thing after another and then their is no time to document all the happening of life. This will probably be one big long post, but I'm going to try to catch up on the happenings of our life.

A couple weeks ago we tried to enjoy the Herriman fireworks from my mom's backyard. She has a direct view of them, the problem is we didn't realize they would be so far away. Before they started we enjoyed her fire pit and roasted marshmallows and made smores....yum!


Mike's Mom and Aunt Selma came over to enjoy the fun with us. The kids loved cuddling with them for the evening.

Kaylee sat with Grandma Sonia and they sang Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star and did "Star Light Star Bright.." many times. Every time she wishes that she will become a Princess.


Brayden sat and cuddled with Selma. He sat and talked and talked to her, I still don't think my kids understand that she can't understand them (she only speaks Portuguese.) She just kept saying "uh-huh." He was telling her all about school and soccer and why he loved fireworks so much. It was pretty fun. She just kept kissing him over and over, it was cute.

I think Kade got bored with it all, because we were sitting there enjoying the nice evening and all the sudden their was Kade with the Hose that had a sprayer attached to the end. Poor Selma was in his direct line of fire. He got her SOAKING WET! It was my fault because I had forgot to turn off the water after I got done watering the plants. We all had a good laugh afterwards though. At least we had a warm fire for her to warm up with. Sorry Selma!!
We had fun over the 4th of July weekend. We took the kids to go see Kung Fu Panda...So cute! I can't wait to see it again. On the day of the 4th we went to a BBQ but we took off early because we had the chance to take the kids camping. The Campbell's had invited us to go up with them, I was so grateful because they made it so easy for us. We got to stay in a trailer that they had parked up on their property, they took up a motorcycle and 4-wheeler, they took up guns to shoot with, heck, they even fed us! We went shopping for some food, packed our bags and took off for Scofield. As you can see Kade and Addi had fun playing around in the little Jeep, Kade even made her get out and push him when the terrain got a little rough. What has his dad taught him?!? We had our own firework show with the guns. I think someone was continually shooting one of them. They even got me to get out there and shoot them. Now, watch out, don't make me mad! I know how to use a gun! Thanks Ryan and Brandi for the many, many rides you took my kids on.



Brandi tried a new recipe while we were up there that was really yummy. It was a variation to Smores. You take a banana and split it down the middle (keep the peel on it.) Fill it with Marshmallows and Chocolate chips. Put the banana back together and cover it with foil. Then you put it in the fire and let it all melt. It was sooo yummy. We had a really good time and I can't wait to take my kids again.

When we went on our camping trip we accidentally forgot Kade's binki's and he did awesome without them, he didn't even ask for them. We decided now was the time to take them away. We got home and I told them somebody took them while we were gone. He did a full search of the house and kept saying "Mine, Gone." (He called his binki's Mine) He cried the first night without them but hasn't even asked for them since. He's been great!

Other then that, we have just been busy with soccer 3 times a week. Brayden has been loving his new soccer team and has his first game next week. He is way excited.

I have been busy this week getting ready to speak in Sacrament on Sunday...YIKES! I have had some great insight this week getting ready for my talk. It's made me realize a lot of things both about the topic I'm speaking about and about my self in general. This is a great fear of mine, but I think I am ready to face this fear. Maybe after it's all said and done I can expound a little about the things I've learned while preparing. We'll see how it goes first.


Well we are getting ready to take off for the weekend for a family reunion in Filmore. I better go get the car packed and the kids ready. Off for more fun....


4 comments:

Clements Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! How great that you are getting rid of the binki! Good luck on your talk on sunday!

Bridget said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy (but fun) week too! Those banana smores sound so good, I can't wait to try them!

Jane Walker said...

Fun times!! I will keep my distance now that I know you know how to use a gun. :-)

Good luck with your talk. It's too bad you could just.....ummmm.....get stuck in Filmore.....(just kidding)

can't wait to see the picture of your reunion

Jane

Amazed said...

So fun seeing pictures of my kiddos with yours! I know Brandi and Ryan loved having your family there. And Kade making my little girl push him up the hill? Humph!

And speaking of shooting....if I were Aunt Selma, I would shoot ANYONE who posted a picture of my bum on their blog!!!!!