I was so worried how the year would progress when I got a call from the Principal the second day of school telling me Brayden had been in a fight on the playground. I couldn't believe it, not my kid. Maybe Mike's, but not mine. He said he was trying to stick up for his buddy, but still. They handled the situation promptly and I think it scared Brayden to death and I'm happy to say it never happened again. I did feel better when he told me countless times throughout the year this "other kid" had gone to the principals office again and again.
The other day he came home with this big package wrapped up and said, "Mom, this is for you."
When I opened it up their were all these books that his teacher had put together with some of his work she had saved throughout the year. Their were insect books, and books about authors they had learned about, and fairy tale books. She had saved all his sight word test, which he got 100% on all of those and all his spelling tests throughout the year...I was so proud. Their were books they had made about imagination and journal books. I was just so amazed!! I couldn't believe she had saved all this work and then taken the time to laminate and put them together. I also have saved about 15 other books throughout the year that she has done for them. Brayden has loved pulling them all out and reading through the things they have done throughout the year.
His teacher was really amazing and she was the perfect teacher for Brayden this year. He struggled with his reading a little bit at the beginning of the year and now he LOVES reading! He got the best marks he could get on his report card which I was happy about. I just always expected him to go to school and be out of control and un-focused in his school work. He has definitely proved me wrong! Hopefully now we can have a nice little summer and a successful year next year.
6 comments:
Wow...what a great teacher Brayden had! Yea for him that he is finally off for summer!
Good job Brayden! I can't believe he will be in second grade!
Congrats Brayden!!!! We think you are great!
WAY TO GO BRAYDEN!
I can't believe our babies are on to 2nd grade. Time flies! I can't believe all those book his teacher did. She had to have put so much time and work into those. How special that you can now keep those forever!
Great job Brayden!!! Sounds like a great teacher! Have fun this summer!
Those books are GREAT! What a fun way to keep all of his papers together.
Post a Comment