6.29.2008

Fun In The Sun

Well the "princess" is done celebrating her birthday week, she can no longer drag it out. She had her birthday party yesterday and we got to sing to her today in Primary, it's officially over. We had a good time at her party yesterday. I didn't think I would ever be able to say that about a little kid's birthday party, espcially one I was in charge of...but it was fun. Hopefully the kids had fun to. For her birthday party we rented a big bouncy waterslide. It was the easiest birthday party because the kids were totally entertained. I had a bunch of games planned but they weren't interested in them, they just wanted to play in the water.

Kaylee delivered the invitations with a pair of sunglasses saying come have some "Fun In The Sun" with me (she really wanted a Highschool musical party and throwing in this song title was our compromise. I also let her pretend she was Sharpay at the party...note the above picture. She was happy with that.) At the party they played in the water, we attempted a water balloon toss but they didn't really understand it so it just turned into a water fight, we played with bubbles, had pizza, cake and ice cream, opened presents and played some more. At the end Kaylee gave them all a water noodle with a water gun and some bubbles to take home. It was a lot of fun.


Back row: Brayden, Reese Conley, Kaylee, Abby Holmes, Kyra Eby, Avrey Lambourne, Jordyn Stuart.
Front row: Brock Willardson, Simon Mitchell, Brooks Clements, Hallee Campbell

We had the water slide rented for the whole day, so after the party was over the kids had a blast playing for another couple hours.

After a little while Kade had had it with his swimsuit and diaper so he stripped down and just went commando! He thought it was pretty hilarious....so did we!

6 comments:

The Lind's said...

I am late but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE!! Wow Heather, you really know how to throw a party! I want to play on that big water slide! How fun!

Alison said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I love the Sharpay pose! So cute! Kade is also so funny!

Clements Family said...

Love the picture of Kade!! Brooks had so much fun! Thanks for having him! I asked him what he had for lunch and he said that they didn't have lunch because "they were doing more important things like having fun in the sun!" then he said just kidding we ate lunch! I thought it was so cute!

The Bullocks said...

How cute. that looks so fun. I love the Sharpay picture.
I have always wanted to rent one of those for Tyson's B-day. how much was it and who did you get it from?

Kathy said...

Thanks for having us at the party, Kyra had a blast and is still talking about it!

Meg said...

that slide looks like so much fun! I love the naked picture. We need to all get together for a bbq soon!