6.23.2008

Filmore Fun


Happy, Relaxed, Rejuvenated. These are just a few of my moods as we returned from our little weekend getaway to visit my Grandparents in Filmore this weekend. We had such a good time while we were there. They live in such a little town and it's so quiet and carefree while you are there. The kids had so much fun being able to run and play. Some of my best memories as a kid are being at my Grandparents house so it was so good to be back, and see my kids build some of those memories as well. All Kaylee wanted to do while she was their was to ride Grandpa Dale's horse. The moment he pulled it out of the corral, she sat at the fence and watched him saddle it up. I LOVED this picture of her watching him. We spent quite awhile on the horse. The kids loved it.



My Grandparents live right on the side of the mountain, everything is so beautiful and peaceful. But you can just hop on the 4-wheeler and just go right up the canyon. We did this quite a few times. The kids had a blast doing this. The water was quite high in the creek so we couldn't go up very far but everywhere we were riding we were going through trails of water. The kids thought it was funny. My favorite was the black and yellow butterflies everywhere, they were gorgeous.




They weren't quite as gorgeous as the rose bushes my grandpa has everywhere though. Their yard is absolutely beautiful. They are inspiring to me, because even as they get older they don't stop working any less. I know we couldn't keep up on a yard that size!

We sat and watched the hummingbirds


The kids also had so much fun blowing bubbles. I remember doing this as a kid, so it's so much fun watching them have just as much fun. I think Kade ended up wearing more bubbles then he blew, he was so sticky by the time he was through.


I was just able to capture some fun picutres of my kids. My grandparent's yard is so pretty!



Kaylee just loved posing so she wanted me to take some more of her. This is her famouse Ariel pose.



The kids were doing a cool pose with Grandma in their shades. We had such a great weekend. I missed some great picture opportunities. One of which was her famous strawberrry pie that she made for us. It was so yummy!



Kade had a little bit of a rough weekend. I don't think he was feeling very good, and he was ready to come home. Here is a picture of him all buckled up and ready to go!


Now it's a good thing I left Grandma's house all rejuvenated because we came home to quite a mess! Now I thought it would take an army to clean out my fridge but all it took was an army of ants to get me going!

We came home and their was a little trail of ants coming in through our garage door. I totally felt invaded and grossed out! So I just started to clean! Come to find out, sometime while we were gone our fridge stopped working. So I got some garbage bags and just started throwing things away. We had melted ice cream and melted ice all over. Luckily all the "good" stuff was out in the deep freezer in the garage. But now I can say for the first time in 5 years I have a clean fridge! So if anybody wants any otter pops I think I was able to salvage those.

8 comments:

JAGBHansen said...

I can't even remember the last time we went on a relaxing vacation! I am so jealous!!! Sorry about what happened with your fridge, but can understand your urge to clean with having ants. They seem to come out of no where! Did you have to replace your fridge?

busymama said...

sounds so fun, glad you are back

Clements Family said...

I am so sorry about your fridge! That is no good at all! But at least you have a clean fridge now! I am glad you had a good weekend! Kaylee looks absolutely adorable in her graduation dress!

Lindsey Stubler said...

Oh Kaylee, gotta love the Ariel pose! It's classic!

The Lind's said...

How fun! I love grandparents. Cute pictures. My favorite is the 3 kids on the bench...way cute!

Bree said...

That reminds me of Idaho and now I am home sick! Looks like you had fun. Sometimes you need a reason to clean and do those things that dont ever make it off the list...

Jane Walker said...

Sorry about your fridge. It looks great!! I might clean mine if I can get my family to stop eating.

I hate ants too. I swear they enter our lives to torment us! We have been fighting the ant battle since we moved here. This is the first year I haven't had them in every room. Maybe the ant killer is finally working.


Kudos was fun! Thanks for being my partner.

Jane

Meg said...

Wow! Your fridge looks so clean. That is the worst to have to throw away all that food. Sounds like a fun weekend though. Ethan is dying to ride his Grandpa's horse too.