6.23.2008

Movin On Up...


This last week Kaylee graduated from Preschool. I am so proud of her! She learned so much this last year. She had such an amazing teacher, Mrs. Butterfield. Kaylee just adored her teacher, she has been having withdrawls this past week not being able to see her. She has a few friends that will be going to her next year so she is determined to hop in their carpool so she can go visit her teacher. They put on a cute little program for all the parents and thank goodness it's over because Kaylee was "practicing" SO much for it that we all had the program memorized before we even had a chance to go and see it. Kaylee just LOVES singing...and talking! I hear her new Kindergarten teacher loves singing with the kids so that will be good.





Kaylee loved doing all the actions and getting into all the songs!





Here is Kaylee receiving her diploma!





Afterwards Kaylee received some roses from Grandma Sonia and her sister Selma. Then she turned to my mom and asked her what she brought for her. Little Kaylee is not shy at all. When my mom told her nothing, she told her she should go shopping for a graduation present for her. Hello! It's not like it's High school.



We are on year round school, so on July 28th Kaylee will be starting Kindergarten. She is really excited! We took her this week to her Kindergarten check up. She had to get 4 shots and I apologize to anybody if she shattered your windows with her blood-curdling scream! She made me deaf in both my ears, the whole office went silent as if they were literally torturing a child behind closed doors. But no...just a couple shots. She limped on her legs for a couple days. We had to administer Tylenol and ibuprofen round the clock, and apply ice packs. She also named each wound so we would know which one she was talking about. It wasn't pretty. But needless to say, she is better and ready to go to Kindergarten. After weighing her she ended up in the 32% for height and 36% for weight. Kade is catching up!



Also this past week, Kaylee came to me with a hand full of slivers. She literally had about 10 of them embedded in her hand. After the whole doctors experience I thought "OH NO, I'm in trouble!" So I pulled out the tweezers and went and got a straight pin so I could start digging them out. She looked at me with wide eyes and said "Mom, what's that?" I said, "It's my magic sliver tool." And she said, "COOL! You have one of those!" She happily climbed on my lap and just let me dig away. Anytime I tried using the tweezers she said "Why don't you use your sliver tool, I like that better." Wow! That little sliver tool saved the day. So, for any mom's out their that need my special "sliver tool" I just might be willing to share it.

No comments: