*Highlight-We made it there safely.
*Low light-It was a very long car ride. Complete with Kade closing his eyes and plugging his ears when I told him to do something. Isn't he too young to be this sassy?
*Low light-Once we got there our brakes went out and we had to get our car into the shop. $300 later we were ready to be back on the road!
*Highlight-Going to the Falls and feeding the ducks. Grandma always gets bags and bags of bread for the kids to feed the ducks. It was great that they were able to get out of the house. They have been sick for quite sometime and neither one is healthy enough to go anywhere. Kade loved doing this and could have spent hours there.
*Low light-Ducky feeding ended up with Kade playing in the mud and splashing mud all over his brand new shoes and myself. Isn't he nice enough to clean me off though?
*Highlight-We were able to go to the Idaho Falls Zoo. It was my kind of zoo. It was shaded and small and not very busy. The kids thought it was perfect. The tiger, crane, leopard, panda, and snake were all a hit...wonder why?? (Kung Fu Panda.) Kade loved the turtles and the monkeys.
*Low light-We left the zoo with Kade in a screaming fit! It was a long day for him and right about nap time. It also didn't help that you had to walk through a gift shop to get out and he has such mean parents that wouldn't buy him anything.
*Highlight- We got to stay in a hotel, complete with this cool rock cave and a swimming pool. It
would have been too much having the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's the whole time, so we decided to stay at a hotel.
*Low light- It was about 11:00 pm before any of the kids fell asleep.
*Highlight-We got to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. While we were there we got to go down to Grandpa Bill's old room. It was a neat reminder of him and some of things he did when he was younger. We were able to bring home a few of his things from his youth. This will be a nice treasure to have and a good reminder of him.
*Lowlight- Being at their house made is seem wrong that Grandpa Bill wasn't there also. This was the home he grew up in. Also seeing the condition that Grandma and Grandpa are in was really hard.
*Highlight-We got to spend some valuable time with Grandma and Grandpa.
*Low light- We wonder how much of the trip they will actually remember. We also wonder if there will be a next time.....


4 comments:
What a small world! I was in Idaho Falls visiting my Grandparents too. We were also at the river where we spent a few hours with the ducks and letting the little kids run around! I hope you had fun at the zoo. It's little but pretty nice for a city the size of IF. Sorry about the brakes! I'm glad you made it home safely!
I am so sorry about your brakes!! That stinks! I am glad you guys had a good time. I love the pictures of Brayden and his new soccer team!
great posting...the highs and lows of it.....
I have to tell you that you might just be one of the nicest people in the world! You are always so thoughtful, and I wish I was more like you! Thanks for everything Heather!!!
Post a Comment