While getting ready this morning I overheard Kaylee asking Brayden a random question but it's made me think a lot.
Kaylee: Brayden, do you ever feel like you don't belong?
Brayden: Why would you ever feel that way?
Kaylee: I don't know, Just wondering if you ever felt that way.
That was all their was to their little conversation and then they both went on to doing their own things. But I have been left thinking about it all day. I'm glad that my kids have each other and feel like they can trust each other to talk to each other. Her question just shocked me. She is surrounded by so many people that love and care for her, she has lots of friends and she is so outgoing. I thought to myself, "How could she ever feel like she doesn't belong?" Then I began to think that their are probably so many people out their struggling with this that I probably would never know about. People that I think have so many friends, but inside feel so alone. I know their have been so many times in my life where I feel like I just don't belong and I have felt like I just didn't have anybody to talk to about it. But nobody else knew I was struggling with this. So to anybody that is struggling with this I'm sorry. You're not alone.
Here is something that I have found very comforting: While you’re working on all of this, don’t forget your Friend from Galilee, the one who proved the depth of his friendship by giving his very life for you, and who says, “Ye are my friends.” Tell him of your need. Ask Heavenly Father in the name of your Eternal Friend to help you find the other friends who are looking for you. And ask him to sustain you until you find those friends. (Q&A: Questions and Answers,” New Era, Sep 1988)
8 comments:
love your insights!!
I love this. I have also had many, many times in my life where I felt like I don't belong.
That is so funny coming from Kaylee...she is such miss planner party gal. I love reading your blog, you always have something good to read:)
That is so sweet, Thanks for the neat quote.
Kaylee is so stinkin cute! I can't believe she said that. That was a really cute post. I know many times I feel I don't belong...especially down here. Everyone has there "one friend" that they call for everything. Luckily, I have you!
What a tender post. And I agree we all feel like Kaylee sometimes...we just don't always verbalize it.
Man I can totally relate to your last 5 or 6 posts, except the fall of course wich I am a little jealous of but wont be november through march. That's sad she feels that way, I think it is something we all feel but we just don't talk about it
Thanks for sharing those precious thoughts. I was just blog hopping glad I hopped on yours.
Post a Comment