"the bed dance" AMAZING! Kherington and Twitch.
Twitch and Comfort. This was one of our favorite
dances. Kade loves dancing to this song.
All time favorite of the year. Katee and Will.
My two favorite dancers of the season!
2.Taking a hammer to my tile and breaking it, piece by piece. I know there are people out there that don't even have floors and I should be grateful for the one I have. But believe me, I've lived without "a floor" for about 4 days and I much preferred having no floor then my tile floor. For anybody that has been to my house you have probably tripped on a loose piece of tile (sorry for that.) Well Wednesday I walked into the kitchen to start making dinner, and that's what happened to me, I tripped on the tile, and I lost it. I grabbed the hammer and started going to town. Mike quickly joined me. I think this might have been one of the best days! Starting tomorrow we will have somebody come in and start laying hardwood down.
3. I am ready to hibernate for the winter. I have spent 2 days this week making strawberry jam. We also made a batch of strawberry/peach jam that turned out pretty good. This is a MUST before winter comes around my house. My Grandma always had homemade strawberry jam and because of this my family and I have become jam snobs...only homemade will do! Brayden came home from school and was so happy! He hugged me for ever and thanked me over and over for making him jam. Now we are officially ready for winter.
Since we had some leftover strawberries, I decided to make myself a strawberry pie. I was going to take a picture but we (as in Mike and I) devoured it before I could. Strawberry pie is comfort food for me. I have memories of my Grandma and my Mom making Strawberry pie. mmmm! I love strawberry pie!
4. We went on a drive the other night. Both Brayden and Kade had strep throat and nothing would keep them happy so we just decided to drive. We ended up driving up by the mountains to look for deer. Brayden ended up spotting about 10 deer. The first thing Kade did when he saw them was get out his little finger gun point it at the deer and yell "ping ping!" My little brother has been hunting a lot and I think been teaching him a few too many things. I love seeing the deer, apparently my kids love trying to kill the deer.
5. Grey's Anatomy. It's BAAACK!!! Not only is it back but the season of show's are back. We were able to sit down tonight with the family and watch our favorite, The Amazing Race. I love being able to cuddle up on the couch with treats and blankets and a good show to watch.


7 comments:
What a fun week you have had! I am glad your floor is getting torn out! YEA!! I am so happy to about Greys! I hope your kids start feeling better!!! Oh-can you email me the recipe on how to make canned peaches??? JD gave us a ton so I thought I better put them to good use!
glad you had a week full of happy (despite the strep and likely constant headaches )! Did you make it to the show?
Man you make me feel like the loser mom. The only thing we have in common is I am lazy and watch Grey's, I dont can or make jam, or home made pie, or go on super fun girls nights.
So you are gonna love your wood floors! That is probably my favorite part of my house, cause they can be filthy and it's hard to tell...until you stick to the floors cause they are full of crap..then you know you gotta wash 'em. Good times.
Was the strawberry peach jam good? I have some peaches i need to do something with. I totally get being a jam snob; I'm a salsa snob myself. Only homemade will do!
That's exciting to get a new kitchen floor. Post pictures when it's done.
I'm jealous that you went to "So You Think You Can Dance". Doesn't it just make you miss our old dancin' days??? I wish I could dance again...it's my favorite past-time.
That was a great subject to blog about!! I keep learning new things about what a wonderful person you are!!! PS--that Grey's pic is HOT!
Post a Comment