10.06.2008

Peace and Hope

In this ever changing, unpredictable, scary world you just never know what life is gonna bring you. You watch the news and it makes my heart sick to hear of the presidential candidates, the plunging economy, the things that are becoming acceptable to society, etc. It seems like their is no good out there. It really has been weighing on my mind lately, wondering what I need to do to safeguard my family against these worldly troubles.

Watching conference this weekend brought me hope. It made me happy that even though the world around us is so unpredictable we can always count on the gospel to be consistent in it's teachings. We have always been taught the same things, but how great were the reminders this weekend! Hearing the apostle's and prophet's speak somehow make you want to do so much better. Even my kids thought that hearing it from an apostle was somehow different. I've told my kid's over and over, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." They heard it in one of the talks and Kaylee said, "Mom, you tell us that. We shouldn't do that should we?" Elder Holland spoke about a boy that disobeyed his father and later lost his way. Both my kids were mesmerized by the story and then later said, "That's probably why you want us to listen to you, huh mom?" It was so great that my kids loved Conference so much this year. Kaylee spoke to her Grandma and said "I love Conference it's so much fun!"

Their were so many high points for me this year, so many great talks. I usually feel like their is 1 or 2 talks that kind of speak to me. But this year their were so many. The high point for me this year was the children's choir. Every time they sang I cried and cried. Right before the session started I told Mike the only thing that would make the session better would be if they sang Primary songs the whole time. I was so excited when I saw the kids sitting there up on the stands. It made me so excited for our upcoming Primary Program. My kids sang along with them during all the songs. And then told me they would have loved to be there singing "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet" to President Monson. I told them I would love to be there too! I can't wait for conference to come out in text so I can read all the talks and catch up on the things that I missed.

1 comment:

busymama said...

I agree, wasn't it wonderful!!! I LOVED the choir too, and you know I cried :(!