10.07.2008

My kids keep me going...

When I woke up this morning, I had every intention on getting back into bed after the kids were off to school. It was a long night. The kids were on rotation, each one taking a turn getting up during the night. But after some conversations with my kids this morning I feel better and ready to start the day.

Brayden said that he would do some service for me and miss school on Friday so he could take care of the kids and I could stay in bed all day. He was trying so hard to convince me that this was actually something to my benefit and not his. Ya right, like I'm gonna let that one happen! Then he kept asking me over and over if he was making things hard for me. I'm not sure why he was worried about it. Maybe the bags under my eyes and my ratty hair gave away the fact that I was tired.

Kaylee has this sore on her middle finger that we went and had looked at yesterday. He bandaged it up pretty good so she is walking around flipping the bird to everybody. She of course wants everybody to see it, so don't be offended if she flips one at you. Also this morning during morning prayer she prayed that I would be able to clean the house today. I guess if my 5 year old notices that it's time to get it done, I better not go back to bed.


Kade "the tank" just makes me giggle all the time. He was on his 4th round of breakfast this morning by 8:30. He had a bowl of oatmeal, a bowl of fruit, a piece of toast, and then a waffle. I know this isn't the end either. But he was sitting there eating and he flashed me this HUGE mischievous smile and said "Hi, Mommy!" Here is how our little conversation went after that.

Me: "Kade what are you up to?" (when he smiles like that I know he's up to something!)
Kade: "I'm peeing." (luckily he had a diaper on.)
Me: "Kade we don't pee in our pants where should we go pee?"
Kade: "the toilet."
Me: "That's gross when you pee in your diaper it makes you all wet. Next time let's pee on the toilet."
Kade: "No! I YIKE IT!! I pee diaper"
I don't think we are going anywhere with this potty training thing for a while. He Yike's it too much! BTW do you like his hat and his jersey? He loves wearing Brayden's clothes and Brayden is trying to get him all psyched up about the upcoming Jazz season.

10 comments:

busymama said...

I love these kids - they are too cute!!!

Clements Family said...

How cute are they! I think that you should let Brayden stay home and take care of the kids! That is so thoughtful of him!

Meg said...

Your kids are so cute. I'm glad you were able to get out of bed. I think my kids will be praying for a clean house pretty soon too, or at least Patrick will!

Mikesell Family said...

That cracks me up. I love that Kaylee wants you to have the privilige(sp?) of cleaning all day. My mom told me that she used to hurry and clean up before I came home from school because I was so obsessed with having a clean house. Too bad I'm not any good at it now!

The Balls said...

That is so cute. Isn't it amazing how those little people can brighten your day, turn a bad day good and make it all seem worth it? Gotta love it! Brayden is too funny already stoked for the Jazz! Has he been hanging out with Brandon?

Bridget said...

You have the cutest family!! I know what you mean about sleeping in though! One day......

The Lind's said...

So sweet! How thoughtful your kids are...espcially praying for you to clean the house. My kids gave up on me there!:) I love that Kade yikes to pee in his diaper! His grin is adorable!

Allison Bushman said...

Don't you treasure these moments? You are so good about writing them down! Hey... what is that website where you can print off your blog? I forgot already.

Nicole said...

Hey girl its Nicole Ogden I seen you on Betsy blog. Your family is so Cute! Its so fun being able to see everyone from school. Hows your Family doing? Me and Mom Actually were looking at some old pictures of way back when and there were some of us and your family it funny to see how young we were at what we look like.

Unknown said...

I found this quote on Windy Kener's blog and it makes me feel better about not having a clean house, so I thought I would share:

Be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.
~President Thomas S. Monson