10.30.2008

Finally Some Fall Fun

It seems like the last few weeks we have seen nothing but the inside of doctor's offices'. We have seriously had one illness after another. Hopefully this isn't an insight as to what winter will look like for us. We have had strep at our house 3 different times (Brayden twice and Kade once.) We have had the stomach flu 3 different times (Kade twice and Kaylee once.) We have all had a run with the cold. We have had pink eye, Kaylee had a staff infection in her finger, she also had croup at one point. And this is all on top of the different doctor's appt. and tests that I have been going to to figure out why I am having these horrible stomach aches. I think our doctor's love us, because we alone pay their mortgage for them every month. We are now feeling better and have been ready to get out of the house and enjoy this beautiful weather we've been having. Seriously, when has it ever been this beautiful this time of year?

We took the kids to the Pumpkin patch the other night and let them pick their pumpkins. They weren't too picky this year so we were in and out of there in no time. Kade kept saying he wanted his favorite one. Problem was, each one was his favorite. He finally found the perfect little one. Brayden wanted one that he could put a big 'ole U on for the Utes. Kaylee said she wanted one that was big and fat....like her butt. Afterward she compared it and said they were just the same. I'm not really sure where she got that from, but it was kind of funny.

Afterward we went over to Gardner Village to check out the witches. It's always fun to see their fun decorations. Last year I got Brayden to sit next to the witch on the bench, with her arm around him. I sat and told him it was his girlfriend and he was so embarrassed. Well this year I told him to go sit next to her and he said, "Sorry mom, we broke up." So I just got a picture of his back to her. The best part of the evening was a big piece of carmel fudge that Mike bought me. I had been on a dairy free diet for the week prior and right before we left, the doctor gave me clearance to come off of it. It's so hard finding things to eat, let alone not eating chocolate! It was so yummy! We had a great night as a family and some much needed fresh fall air.

2 comments:

busymama said...

cute pics! glad you got some yummies!!!

Clements Family said...

I am glad you can eat dairy now...maybe you can get a cupcake at lunch!! I am laughing that you were scared going up the mountains! I totally get that way too...especially when I am driving! Oh...and Brayden is hilarious...I love that he and with witch broke up!