One year ago in October I started my blog. I started it so I would start documenting the things that were happening in our life. Life was becoming too crazy for me to scrapbook (even though I love it and one day would love to get back into it.) Their were so many things that my kids would say or do and I would say "I need to write that down." And then I never would. I was horrible at journalling! Life was passing by and I was not documenting it, so this was my intention of my blog. Well, it still is. But to my surprise, it's become much more then that to me.
I have created a network of friends that I have either lost touch with, live out of town, or I just don't talk to that often. I have been uplifted and edified over and over by these friends I have made through blogging. And I have realized and been reminded that we are all going through different phases of life. Their is a time and a season for different things. Some of us are going through hard times and are hurting inside, some of us have little ones at home and it seems like their is no time for anything, some of us work, some of us have grown children and have a little more time to live life, and some of us have experienced the loss of a loved one. My point is We can't all do the same things at the same time. This is one thing that is hard to remember when reading other's blogs, it's easy to compare ourselves to someone else and what they are doing. But this is impossible because we are all going through different phases in life. But looking back through the last year of my life, I have experience times of depressions, times of utter bliss, times of just getting by, and times of sorrow. I am grateful I have had other's blog's to read and uplift me and carry me through those times and. I am grateful for the friends I have been able to keep in contact with especially those that are far away, or who I normally wouldn't see or talk to that often.
So Happy 1 Year Blogging Birthday to me! I can't wait to print out my blog, I have been able to document so many memories that I will cherish forever.
6 comments:
I am so glad I followed you into blogging. I feel like I try harder to "journal" because it makes it more fun. I am going to print up my book in January, then just do a book annually after that. I can't wait. I loved your last post about conference. I am so proud of your kids for listening. I loved that Pres. Monson talked about "enjoying the journey" I needed that. I need to appreciate the little things in life and not get so uptight about the fingerprints and laundry. I felt like he was speaking directly to me because it was exactly what I needed to hear. I love reading your blog and I always appreciate your posts. It makes me take a step back and appreciate things even more. You are such a great friend Heather!
I totally agree about your thoughts on blogging. You do a great job at it and I enjoy reading your posts. You have a way of inspiring people with your words. Happy blogging :)
I love that you blog. For 1 so I can see what your cute family is up to! (We miss you guys!) and second because you always have such uplifting posts and inspire me to be a better mom, wife, and overall person! Thanks for blogging!
I also love to blog for the same reason. I love keeping in touch with everyone. I love seeing that other moms have hard times and at times don't feel up to par. and I love being motivated by other moms.
I always love to hear your insight on things. You are such a sweet person. Hears to Blogging!!!!
I am glad that I found your blog. Even though it has been years since I have seen you, I love seeing what your family is up to. You are very good with your words, and I really love reading your posts.
Post a Comment