10.28.2008

Program Time!!!

The long awaited day finally has finally arrived, we had our Primary Program on Sunday. The kids have been sooo excited for this day (I have been too, but for different reasons:)) They have been carrying their parts around with them for weeks and practicing in the mirror. They woke up nice and early and couldn't wait to get dressed and get to the church. I had butterflies in my stomach, just hoping that all the planning and preparing would pay off. When it was time for us all to go up on the stage Brayden just squealed and said, "This is my moment!" The kids were amazing! They sang so loud and knew their parts so well! One of Brayden's parts was to sing with his class the 2nd verse of "When Jesus Christ was Baptized." This was so emotional for me to listen to him sing about his upcoming baptism. It's just crazy to think about how big he is and how fast he has grown up. It was an awesome day. When you ask Kaylee what her favorite part of the program is she says, "Me, talking in the microphone." It figures:)

After Primary we gave all the kids a "You Did A Great Job!" coupon. With this coupon they were able to come and trade it in later that night for a cupcake. They had to wait until 7:00 pm and I think a lot of kids had a hard time waiting. While we were setting up we had kids sneaking up as close as they could and then hiding, then they would run away again. They had a hard time waiting. But once it was time we just had swarms of kids come. It's a fun way to reward them for a job well done!



Here's a pic of all the great ladies I get to work with in the Primary. These ladies are seriously amazing! I learn so much from them everyday!!! I think we are all relieved to have the program behind us now:)

3 comments:

The Evans said...

Heather you guys did an amazing job. My kids were so excited to perform also. Way to go!!

busymama said...

It was awesome!!

Darci said...

You guys did a great job!! Thanks!