2.07.2009

Amazing Day



What a GREAT, GREAT day! Today Brayden got Baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He has been waiting for this day for some time now and it has finally come and now gone. I have been so overwhelmed with emotion watching my little boy learning and growing and making this big decision. I was trying to convince myself that he wasn't ready (maybe one of those subconsious things to keep him little and innocent.) But he truly has proven to me that he was ready for today and the accountability he now has. It's so amazing because you sit and watch and physically you can't see anything happening. Everything happens from within. But today I have been able to witness a true transformation in him. I have been able to witness him feeling of the spirit, and actually becoming emotional about it on multiple occasions. This has never happened to him before. Just another testimony that it is real. He just kept telling me over and over today, "This is the best day of my whole life. It's so amazing."

One of the funniest parts of the day was when they were getting ready to go into the water, Kade hollers, "Jump in Bray." He totally thought this was some swimming event. And then after he was done he just giggled so loud and yelled, "Cool!" I think the whole room got a laugh out of that.

We had a great program, with great talks. One was by my Grandpa Keith and the another by Camryn's mom (the other girl getting baptized.) We had a great musical number by Betsy and her daughter Alissa.



Hope you don't mind me stealing this pic off your blog. I forgot to take a picture of you guys today.

I loved the song. It has made me think about a lot. If you want to listen to it go to

My Baptism Day.

It was so great having family and friends their to support us. It meant so much to Brayden. He said, "I must have a lot of people that love me."

I know I love him and I am so proud of him today. He is such a good boy, and I am proud to be his mama!

7 comments:

Clements Family said...

Well we do love Brayden! It was great to share that whole experience with your family. I just can't believe he is eight. How time flies!
That was a pretty funny thing Kade said! Gotta love him!

Mikesell Family said...

I noticed you commented on my blog late last night..you were supposed to go to bed and get some sleep! Why am I not surprised Boston loved that pic. Too funny. My boys LOVE Kaylee!
The whole baptism went great, and thanks for letting us be a part of it! The part with Kade was ADORABLE, you couldn't help but smile. I'm glad I have you to follow, so now I know what to do for Alyssa's baptism!

The Balls said...

I can not believe he is 8! He is an amazing kid! You should take some credit for getting him there, you guys are great parents! Congratulations on a SPECIAL DAY!

busymama said...

So glad it was such an awesomed day!! We love that boy!

Clements Family said...

I forgot to tell you one thing...Brooks said to me "I thought you are supposed to be big when you are eight. I know Brayden is eight, but he isn't very big." It was so funny. We had to explain that is just cuz he has short parents!!

Bree said...

I must be the biggest freak ever cause your post totally made me cry... he is such a sweet boy, I wish I knew him better.

Alison said...

Oh I wish we could have been there! That is so cute! Congrats Brayden!