2.04.2009

Family Traits

Their are so many traits that we either learn or genetically inherit from our family. I'm constantly joking with my mom saying, "Oh thanks a lot for passing that on." It seems like I have genetically inherited WAY to many of the not so fun things. My brother's and my dad are always teasing me saying I'm stubborn like my Grandma. It's fun as my kids get older to see some qualities that either Mike or I have come out in them. It's also not so fun when you see some of the negative ones come out as well. It's these little pieces of each of our families that make each of us so individual.

Some good/bad traits I have seen come out in our family:


Kaylee has definitely inherited the Bergstrom's (my mom's side) lack of sleep trait. A good majority of my mom's family just doesn't sleep and it looks like Kaylee is going along with the trend. She will be up at night until SO late. She will wake up multiple times at night, and then she is up again super early. I am really frustrated with this because if she's not asleep she wants someone to talk to, so she comes and wakes me up. If anyone has any suggestions in this category, I'm all ears!!!

Kade has Mike's super sneaky mischievous little smile. You just can't help but love him. The problem is I know what kind of mischief Mike got in and I think I have a long road ahead of me:)

Brayden is so sweet and tender hearted. I think this may be the one and only trait any of my kids got from me. I always expected to have a little girl that would be so quiet and innocent and well...just like me. Well I did get a little girl but Kaylee is totally opposite of me! Brayden is far from being quiet and innocent but at least Brayden has a couple of these sweet traits.

All 3 of my kids have Mike's outgoing fun personality. They will walk up to just about anybody and make friends with them. Not much gets them discouraged. They always want to have fun.

They are all super lovey. Except Kade apparently doesn't like his back scratched. I was cuddling with him yesterday and rubbing his back and he said, "Stop doing that to me." Mike loves it by the way.

All 3 of them inherited the loud Brazilian voice. We can thank dad and Grandma Sonia and all those other crazy Brazilians. They are constantly trying to out talk one another each one getting louder and louder. It is so hard for me to understand until I go to Mike's mom's house and the volume goes up about 10 notches.

Kaylee apparently has inherited her Dad's ability to sale. I over heard her in her bedroom the other day talking to one of her friends that isn't active in the church. She was totally trying to sale the idea of coming to church with her it was so funny. She had a picture hanging up that she had made at church. Her friend asked her what it was and where she made it. (Now picture Kaylee flipping her hair and her hand on her hip.) She replied, "I totally made that at church and if you would come to church with me you could make one to. Now what you need to do is go home and tell your mom that you want to come to church with me. You will totally love it because our teachers are Bro. and Sis.___________ and they are so totally the best teachers ever. You will love them. And we have so many fun kids in our class. Does that sound like a good idea?" Her friend just sat there with a blank look on her face.

I love that she isn't afraid to approach people about what she thinks. I am always so worried about what people will think about me or what I'm saying that I just don't say anything. She will be a great missionary. That is if I can keep her on the right track.

It looks like Kaylee is unfortunately inheriting the dreaded migraines. They have been passed on from Grandpa, to mom, to me, now to poor Kaylee. She luckily hasn't had anything bad but she gets headaches pretty frequently and that's scary to me cause it's earlier then when I started to get them.

Brayden got his Dad's skills on the soccer field. It is so fun watching him play and seeing Mike teaching him new moves. I think I have two talented boys on my hand. Kade has a love for soccer as well so we will see what he is able to do when he is a little older.

Kade has a love for fixing and working on things. He did not inherit this from his dad. This is something that has probably come from all of his Grandpa's. They are all handy and he has seen many of them working and fixing things up around our house. His Grandpa Bill would have been proud to know that their was someone in his genetic line that loved to do this. He was always fixing something or working on some project.

Brayden and Kaylee love to read. This is something that they definitely got from me, since I've NEVER seen Mike pick up a book. Their are a lot of people in my family that like to read and I hope this is something they continue to love.

Looking at some families you can definately tell who they belong to because they all just look alike. I don't think this is the case with our family. Each kid is so individual. I don't see a lot of our traits in any of them (except I think Kade looks like Mike.) But after reading this you can see that they all definately belong to us. They may not look like us but they definately act like us!

2 comments:

Clements Family said...

OK that was the cutest thing! I loved reading that. I absolutely adore your kids, and while I was reading that I could totally picture of them...especially Kaylee talking to her friend. Love her little attitude!

busymama said...

What a great post, you will treasure this post when the kids are all grown up! I LOVE Kaylee's little dialogue - that truly is a wonderful trait!!