3.12.2008

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

One thing I appreciated yesterday: Mike picked up dinner for us on his way home from work. Then he layed the kids down for the night so I could go to Macey's case lot sale (for the 2nd time this week) with my mom... I really needed to get out for a little while and I got my year supply of sugar:)

Two things that made me smile yesterday: My basement doors FINALLY came in!!!!!! Maybe now we can get the ball rolling. And an unexpected phone call from someone thanking me for something.

Three things I cooked today: Nothing much yet,
1.Cereal for breakfast
2.PB&J for lunch
3.And I have started making Manicotti for Dinner

Four things that came in the mail yesterday:
1.Albertsons/Smith's Ads I love looking at the good deals of the week
2.Kaylee's Dr. bill from her nose surgery.
3.Junk
4.Magazine

Five places I went this week:
1.Rod Works I bought a few things for the house and some ribbon.
2.Hobby Lobby to pick up our family picture
3.Went to dinner with my Dad and Laura at the new Training Table. I always love going to get cheese fries and a yummy Dr. Pepper. After we went and hung out at their house for a little while.
4. The cemetery. This past week was my grandmas 8 year anniversary of passing and Bill's 4 month anniversary of passing. It's nice that they are at the same cemetery cause the kids love going to visit them. Kaylee loves to sing them all her new songs she learns at preschool.

5. The church history museum. (It's actually been 2 weeks since we went but I have been meaning to post about it and what a better time.) I went with a friend and we took our kids down town to visit the "I am a child of God" exhibit that they have. The kids LOVED it!!! We had so much fun. Everything they had was so interactive for the kids and I think they learned a lot. After we went and walked on temple square and then went of to the Beehive house. Brayden loved seeing Brigham Youngs house. But I think it was a little boring for the others. I definitely recommend going to the church history museum, and hey...it's FREE! One quick story, We had been there about 15 min. Looked at a full size Moroni that they have, some artifacts they have on President Hinckley, and then over to some things on the Tabernacle, and Kaylee looked at me while having her hand on her heart said, "Mom, I can feel the spirit so much in here. I wish we could come here every day." It was really cute. Here are some pics from our day






Six things I'll do today:
1. Organize my food storage/ storage room
2. Sand down my chalkboard wall I painted in the kids toy room. I hope it works out!!
3. Fold laundry.
4. Look through my Primary things for our Presidency meeting tomorrow. And organize my thoughts for Sharing Time on Sunday.
5. Go to Brayden's Parent Teacher Conference's. He brought home his report card yesterday and I was so proud of the way he was doing. I actually looked twice at it. I didn't think he was capable of grades like that.
6. Go pick up our doors.

Seven things I did this weekend:
1. Cleaned out Brayden and Kade's closet. I finally pulled out all of Kade's clothes that he has grown out of.
2. Had a girls night with Brandi. We watched Hairspray and made some cute pants for our girls. We still need to tweak them a little bit, but it was fun and they loved them.
3. Had a girls night with Kaylee (and Kade snuck in bed with us too.) We watched Ratatouille and had popcorn and stayed up way too late.
4. Went to the Macey's case lot sale twice with my mom. I am getting SOOO close to having my year supply!
5. Got caught up on my laundry, and actually folded it all. That's a rare occasion around here.
6. Got caught up on all the blogging I wanted to do.
7.Rearranged and redecorated my family room. (well just a few things.)

Eight people I spoke with yesterday:
1.Mike
2. My mom
3. My Dad
4. Simon's Dad
5. My little Bro
6. Bishop Wood
7. Brandi
8. Kenny
Nine totally random thoughts on my mind today:
1.Visiting teaching. I need to get it done for the month
2. My basement. I am so ansy to get it done.
3. Brayden. He has been so hard lately. I just don't know how to help him. He comes home from school in these rotten moods, he doesn't want to do his homework, he throws fit's over everything. It's so true that they get harder the older they get.
4. Mike's job. He interviewed for a new position. It's constantly been on my mind, just waiting to see if he got it or not. It's fine if he didn't, it's just hard waiting.
5. Sheri. She is going to be having her baby SOOO soon. Just trying to figure out what I can do to help her. And what I'm going to get her for her baby.
6. Mike's dad. I'm missing him today for some reason. I think now that we are getting back into our basement, I know Mike wishes he were around to help with certain things. I'm sad he's not around.
7. Girls night out. Sometimes I just let my self get so stressed about things, I need a girls night out. And I haven't seen some of my good friends in a while, it would be nice to see them.
8. Thank you notes. Someone just dropped one off at my house. It was so sweet and so random. I should do things like that more often.
9. Pictures. I am taking the kids to get their pictures taken this weekend. I'm wondering if I have everything they need for their outfits. Oh how I hate pictures, it's so stressful!

Ten emotions I felt today:
1. Tired..I HATE mornings and I had to wake up extra early cause Simon came early this morning.
2. Happy...The kids all went to school, except Kade. I love my time I get to have with just him. We bought him a ball at the store and he was SO happy. Just seeing the kid smile makes my heart melt.
3. Overwhelmed...There is always so much to do.
4. Proud..Of Brayden. He has really improved in his school work. I can't wait to go meet with his teacher and see what she has to say about him. I just always thought that because he was so energetic it would work against him in school, but his teacher has been so good with him.
5. Sad...Like I said before I have thought a lot about Mike's dad today. Wish he was here with us.
6. Confused...I don't know what to do for Brayden. He's doing well in school so I know school isn't frustrating him. I think he is just tired by the time he gets home.
7. Cheerful...a girl in my ward dropped by a thank you note with a fun surprise inside. It was totally unnecessary but she came by at just the right time she really made my day.
8. Humbled...There are a few things I have been struggling with and I've realized that I can't carry the burden by myself. I tend to carry it on my shoulders way too long before I rely on my Heavenly Father and other's around me to help me.
9. Anxiety...awaiting the news of Mike's job.
10. Grateful...I really do have an awesome life.

5 comments:

Clements Family said...

Heath-that was so fun to read! Thanks for sharing! You have quite a busy week! Ya know if you ever want a girls night, all you have to do is call me, I am always down! Lets get together soon-even if it is just with the kids! Congrats on your doors...I know you have been waiting...and your food storage, that is awesome!

Mikesell Family said...

Go Heather! Year supply of food storage and all! I am impressed. Kaylee's pants are really cute too. Hey I need to ask you about your little field trip. I think I want to take my kids. Can I handle it? Or are my kids too young and wild?

Jeff and Brandi said...

Heather,
Where did you find your your blog background. I really like it and want to change ours. Also how do you change the header to look cute like yours does?

Brandi

Jamey said...

I need to have a girls night with my daughter, what a fun idea!!! I need to take my kids on more outings too! I wonder if Aspen is old enough for the church history museum. I keep thinking that I will wait until she is older, but I think I will miss out on alot if I keep waiting.

Alison said...

Heather--I love your blog! It is great seeing what you have been doing. BTW I need your new address. Your x-mas card came back and I never got to it out again! Sorry! I wish I lived closer for a girls night out--maybe we should plan a cousin's girl weekend!