4.02.2008

"If Ye Are Prepared, Ye Shall Not Fear...."

I have pantry shelves full of food, my family is fed nightly (lately with fun new recipes) thanks to one lady that I am so in-debited to. She scours the weekly grocery ads for all the good deals and even sends out a weekly meal plan according to those things that are on sale. This woman is amazing!

Our ward challenged every family to gather a 3 month supply of food about a year ago. With 1 month left to finish up they asked the visiting teachers to ask each of their sisters how they were doing. At 1:00 in the morning I started bawling and had a meltdown about food storage because I hadn't even started and I knew my VT were going to be asking me about it. I didn't even know how to begin, or where to start it was all so overwhelming!!! I opened up about my "problem" to my presidency. That's when Shandra came into my life. Krista had this friend who sent out this email to a few people so she started forwarding it to me. From there it just started snowballing, and she had a group of over 500 people that were getting the email.

I'm so excited because she now has a website (and lucky her she's finally getting paid for all the time she has put into her work.) So after a lot of rambling, I'm trying to put in a plug for her. She has been able to save me probably thousands of dollars on grocery's. I can now go shopping for my weekly meals and shop for under $60 because I have a little grocery store in my basement already. I still go shopping for the GREAT deals and food storage supplies that I can stock up on. But it's been so much fun and it's something I never thought I would be able to do. The best part is she sends out a new list of recipes each week so you can always try new things.
So if you need help with food storage or just want help with your weekly grocery shopping (prices are for Utah stores) click the link below and sign up. Trust me it is well worth the money (The front page say's its $6.95 but if you sign up in April it's only $4.95 a couple dollars more for the meal planner.)

http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.com/

*I even made my first loaves of homemade bread today I figure I gotta do something with all this flour I'm supposed to stock up on. Yum! I tell ya, if I can do it so can you.

3 comments:

JAGBHansen said...

Well you have given me hope. I know that food storage is something that we are suppose to do, but why is it that I have never done it?! I don't even know where to begin so that you for the website, I am looking forward to once we are settled and moved I can go ahead and get everything in my life in order, food storage obviously a part of that :) So is the basement completely done?!

Clements Family said...

How fun is that! Congrats on the food storage! That is great! And thanks for sharing the website!

Kathy said...

Thanks Heather, I just may need to try that. I feel like I am always over spending at the store.