4.21.2008

Confessions of a Worthless Homemaker....

Do you ever have those days where you just don't want to get out of bed and you just don't want to have any responsibility? That's how I felt today, so that's exactly what I did...I did nothing. My day today was absolutely worthless. I have felt crummy for quite a few days but Mike's been out of town and I've been busy all weekend with Primary things. So the first chance I had to just relax, I definitely took advantage.

I was sluggish all morning getting the kids ready for school. I finally accomplished that task, got them off to school, and me and Kade crawled back in bed. He was so excited we weren't running errands and that he got to cuddle with me for 2 whole hours. I really felt quite guilty that my house was in such disarray, and I had piles of laundry that needed to be done. Well, obviously not too guilty cause it didn't keep me from laying down. And none of the laundry got done today, and no, my house did not get cleaned, and I have dishes piling up in my sink. It is now 9:00 at night and I can say that none of these tasks ended up getting done. I had good intentions of working on them once the kids were in bed, but while putting Kaylee down she accidentally gave me a big fat lip. Darn it, I've had to lay down on the couch with some ice and let the swelling go down. Here's to tomorrow!

P.S. I think I also ate about 4 cupcakes, and had 2 Dr. Peppers. That will make anybody feel better!

7 comments:

busymama said...

I'm so sorry that you have been feeling crummy and even worse that you had my kids twice in one day when you weren't feeling good!

Think of the swollen lip as free collagen!?!

PS - your flowers looked Beautiful!

Alison said...

Yum cupckaes. I think those days are essential to being a good mom and not going insane.

Clements Family said...

Hey, cupcakes and Dr Pepper will make anything better! I am sorry about your week. I have been thinking about you the past few days and I am a horrible friend for not calling! I am sorry! Everyone needs one of those stay in bed days right! I hope you feel better! Love ya!

Kathy said...

Everyone needs those days once in awhile. It's so hard when the dads are out of town. Adam has been traveling a lot lately and I really don't like it. Hope you start feeling better:)

The Balls said...

Hey we are totally entitled to those days! It is HARD being home all day and sometimes you just don't feel like doing ANYTHING! Cheers to you!

Sara said...

Yea! It is good to know that I am not the only one with "those" days! You just made me feel a lot better about myself! I think moms deserve days off too- especially if you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better! oh and I love the new hair cut!

Meg said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like doing nothing and stay in bed all day; but how often is it ok to feel like that? I think I might pass the limit. How lucky Kade will cuddle with you for so long in bed; Phenix just yells at me "get up mom, get up!" and pulls on my arm to get out of bed.