So our weekend started out great. Mike started the day Friday by going golfing with Ryan, Derek, and Brooks. They are crazy, the day was freezing! I have a feeling it's going to be a long golf season if it's already begun:( I spent the afternoon with a friend. I was able to try out one of her new yummy recipes and she even fed my kids lunch. Thanks again for letting us drop in on you! Then we came home and got ready for our fun get away weekend.
A couple years ago we stayed up at the Marriott and I fell in love with that hotel, well at least the beds! They are so comfortable!!! All weekend long that's all I wanted to do was curl up in bed. It was a king size, and so soft and fluffy. I highly recommend it to anybody (but I don't think all their beds come standard like this, you have to ask for it specifically.)
We checked into our hotel Friday night and I was so excited because this was the view from our window....
We had the bed, the view, no kids, a TV full of movies I hadn't seen, I was set. I didn't need to leave my hotel room. But of course we did. We didn't even spend much time there.
Friday night we went and ate at one of my favorites, PF Changs. So Yummy! They have these yummy shooter size desserts you can order. They are the perfect size after you've filled up on all the yummy food. Problem was they all looked so good, I wanted to order them all. Then we were going to go see a movie but decided our bed at the hotel was a much better place to see a movie, so we went back to the hotel and rented one off our TV.
Saturday morning was heavenly! We slept in. No kids asking me for breakfast. No one climbing on me in my bed. I was on my own time, it's weird you kind of forget what that's like. Anyway, when I booked our hotel room I got breakfast included, so we went down to the restaurant and someone actually cooked breakfast for me! It was a fabulous breakfast buffet. It was yummy. We decided to go over to Gateway after that, but after taking one step onto the street we quickly changed our mind and went over to Fashion Place. It was way too cold outside. We only had a couple hours of shopping because we had an appt. to make at 2:00. I had booked us couples massages. I love getting massages, and I go every now and then. But Mike has only had one one other time and he really didn't enjoy it very much. So I booked the massages at The Spa Club over at Jordan Landing and I let Mike have "my girl" Natalie. I wanted him to have a good massage, and she is FABULOUS!! We had an hour of pure bliss. Needless to say after the hour he said we would be going back, maybe even monthly. After that we had a reception to go to so we met up with some friends for dinner at my favorite, Texas Roadhouse. And then again we contemplated going to see a show, but decided going back to our hotel to our comfy bed and renting another one.
We were dreading waking up Sunday morning, knowing that our weekend was coming to an end. We slept in so late had breakfast once again and just hung out. It was so nice all weekend having no responsibilities, having nobody to tend to but ourselves. It's just another life that's so foreign to me. But it was nice coming home to my babies. Kade was sick and he just sat and cuddled all night which was nice cause he never does that. I just can't thank my mom and Kenny enough because getting a chance to getaway for a weekend like that is just priceless. I know it probably wasn't easy cause my mom was sick and Kade was sick. So again....Thank you!!
My only complaint on the weekend....It wasn't long enough!
7 comments:
I'm so jealous - but so glad you had such a wonderful time! Drop in ANY time,I love the company!
SO DANG JEALOUS! Mark and I love The Marriott too! We love the pillows so much that we went on their website to buy some, but they were like 100 bucks each! We thought it would be funner to spend the 100 bucks and sleep at their hotel instead of our house.
That sounds soo fabulous! I wish we had family close to take the kids for a few days. You really do forget what it's like just the two of you. I can't remember the last time I wasn't dragged out of bed by my kids to get "c-ral"!
I am so super jealous, all I think about lately is having a entire day (or two) to myself sleep in take a nap, do whatever I want. I never get away from my sweet little Addi living out here. I just haven't really met anyone I want to leave her with. I know I sound like a crazy new mom. We just dont have friends like you guys out here!
That sounds so heavenly! I am glad you got a weekend away!
I'm glad you guys got a getaway! Thanks for letting us intrude on saturday! It was fun to hang out with you guys!
Sounds so fun! I am totally jealous. I wish we could get away before the baby comes...oh well!
Post a Comment