8.15.2008

Blast from the Past....

Q: What television show or movie did you want to be in when you were little?
A: Saturday’s Warriors. I loved watching all the singing and dancing. I would always sing to ALL the songs and get up and dance with them.

Q: Which character or star?
A: Pam. Not wheelchair Pam, but Pam when she was dancing.

Q. Most embarrassing moment your friends will never let die?
A. I really don’t have many embarrassing moments but I do have one minor one that kind of pops into my head. When we were Seniors in high school my friend Lindsey and I had gone tanning and fried ourselves. Well, because the burn hurt so bad I decided to take my bra off. I guess I had forgotten that I took my bra off because later when we decided to compare how bad our burns were, I freely lifted my shirt to show her, not realizing I was giving her a show in the process. We still laugh about it.

Q: Your proudest moment or accomplishment?
A: My family. When Mike and I decided to get married, nobody thought we would make it. I just want to say to them, HA!

Q: What adult did you have a crush on when you were little?
A: Zac from Saved by the Bell. (not sure he was considered an adult at the time)

Q: What habit or personality trait do you have of your mother?
A: I think we both have the same kind of sense of humor. We find a lot of the same things funny. She laughs out loud at a lot more things, I’m not a laugh out loud kind of person. But if you go to a movie you are sure to hear her in the theater just giggling.

Q: What did you want to change your name to when you were little?
A: Kylie Jordan. This is kind of where Kaylee Jordan came from. I liked Kylie but Mike liked Kaylee better. He won.

Q: Who was your first kiss?
A: Chris Holland (sorry Becca)

Q: What are 3 adjectives that someone from high school or middle school would use to describe you? A: I don’t know. Maybe some of my friends can help with this one. Then again, maybe not. Maybe we should just skip this question.

Q: What hairstyle, clothes, or other accessories did you rock back in the day when it was cool?
A: Girbaud & Guess jeans. I loved wearing those cotton outfits I think they were called Units. The ones that you would put a cotton belt around your waist with a big plastic buckle. I loved the big baggy shirts and then tying them in a knot with some stretchy pants. I also always “pegged” my jeans and I thought it was cool to have one strap of my overalls hanging down. I had the really big hair with big bangs.

Q: What job did those long and annoying surveys in school say you would be good at?
A: schoolteacher

Q: And what did you try and make the test result outcome be?
A: schoolteacher

Q: What made you laugh harder than you have ever laughed before?
A: The Blue Shoe. Only Lindsay was there to witness this. It was one of those stupid, tired moments that you can’t stop laughing. We were trying to think of a way to ask Mike and her boyfriend to a dance and we couldn’t stop saying The Blue Shoe. It was so dumb. But we were laughing so hard.

Q: Favorite memories of hanging out with your best friends?
A: Writing “notes to each other. Sharing boyfriend stories with each other. Late night slumbers, state street finding boys in the big brown van, good ole cheer days. Scrap nights with the girls, just eating junk and talking.

Q: What is the most trouble you have ever gotten in with your parents?
A: I never got into a lot of trouble. When I was little I learned the fine art of tattling on my brothers and making them look REALLY bad. I was always the angel child.

Q: What was your 5-year plan when you had to write it out in high school?
A: Graduate, Go to college, Get married, Become a teacher, Then have kids. It obviously didn’t work out that way. My 5 year plan kind of quit once I got married, and then had kids. Kaylee was asking me if I went to college and when I told her I did she was stunned. She said, “I didn’t know you could go to college to become a mommy.”

Q: What is your 5-year plan now?
A: I really don’t know. This is what I’m trying to figure out right now. My kids are starting school and in just a couple years they will all be gone all day. I don’t know what is best to do with my time. It seems like it was just yesterday we were just newly married and starting our family. I thought I had a while before I had to figure all this out.

6 comments:

Amazed said...

Fun questionnaire. And I LOVE your page design! So cool!

Lindsey Stubler said...

Holy Crap... I just laughed out loud and Jonah thinks I'm a nerd. Loved the post- we had some good times, huh! It's so funny to think about that night you flashed me. We were dorks, but we always had a good time. I'm glad we still hang out and have good times! Love ya.

Clements Family said...

Love the post! Love the blue shoe thing...I totally forgot about that! I am glad that I was able to share in so many of those memories with you! BTW, your favorite clothes were mine too...

Mikesell Family said...

Ok so 3 adj to describe you. Thoughtful, sweet, and indecisive...you had to know that was coming. I love that Kaylee thought you went to college to become a mommy..so cute!

The Lind's said...

love the post. i was laughing so hard about you wanting to be, of course the pam not in the wheel chair. i loved Saturday warriors too! too funny. can't believe your 1st kiss...just teasing!

hey how is dr. pepper going? yeah...i am enjoying my diet coke! crap.

Jane Walker said...

I always wanted to be Samantha from Bewitched. (With a non drinking husband) Now that I am older and I watch the re-runs I have noticed that Darren and his friends drink way too much. They need some self-help books or a Xanax. Her kids and house were adorable!