I have been struggling with some really bad stomach aches and REALLY bad headaches. After consulting with my Dr. he felt it was best for me to give it up. He advised me to go cold turkey on all forms of caffeine, including the Excedrin I was using for my headaches. And to also stop using the Ibuprofen I was using for my head. He thought maybe all of this was actually making my headaches worse. So last Monday (Yes it's been 11 days now!!!!) I quit everything completely. Needless to say I had a week from you know where. But I am happy to announce that I am feeling much better. I had one moment of weakness and Mike and I ordered a Dr. Pepper and it didn't even taste good! I was so happy, but a little disappointed.
After a really long week we were able to end the week with a fabulous weekend. My dad and Laura took the kids for the night on Friday night. Mike and I decided to go up to Park City and do a little shopping, and go out for a nice dinner. We were going to go out to a movie since Mike always complains that I never go out to movies, but we were both exhausted. It's funny how your body stays on the same clock with or without kids. So we decided to come home and rent a movie off our TV...which I'm so glad we decided to do this. We watched August Rush and it was SOOO good. It was just a feel good kind of movie. The next morning Mike had a ward golf tournament so I got to sleep in and then I woke up and got some much needed house work done. It was awesome.
The rest of this week has been up and down for me. Hopefully with trying out some new things, things will start to progress for me. Until then Mike has been so great to support me and deal with my unreasonable mood swings. He brought me home these beautiful flowers the other day, Flowers always make me happy:)

6 comments:
GREAT job Heather!! You are much stronger then I am! Quiting Diet Coke and going to Diet Dr. Pepper was the best I could do! :) Maybe tomorrow I will try again! Sounds like you had a great weekend...that you deserved! Hope your headaches are going away!
O MY GOSH! How did you do it?! I am way to addicted to my dear friend. I SOOO need to give it up. Good job! I am glad you had a good weekend, it is always nice to be free from the kido's. Keep up the good work!
Good job! I keep quiting and then go back again on a bad day...I hope it helps get rid of your nasty migranes! If you need anything let me know!!
I was so worried when I started reading this post - I am so glad it is the bottle (or can likely in this case) that you are bidding farwell to! Hope you are feeling better soon and thank you for the caramel corn it is DELISH!!!
Applause! Good for you! I went off Coke the first time in HS. I thought my head would never stop hurting. I then fell off the wagon in College. Got a grip again when I went on my mission. I was straight until I started teaching Jr. High.. I started having bad health... swollen legs and ankles. My legs hurt and my stomach. I gave it up ONCE AND FOR ALL 3 years ago. I haven't had one. You're right if you are committed it does taste bad. I can't even stand it now. Bleck!
So Good for you! 14 days to break a habit they say. You are well past there. 3 Cheers!!!
Good luck. I hope he didn't tell you to quit eating chocolate.
I hate giving up old friends.
Post a Comment