3.23.2009

The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs

Over the 12th and 13th of March, Mike and I had the chance to go out to Colorado Springs for a company sponsored event. It was a short trip but so nice to just have some alone time. Anytime Verizon puts on an event they go all out, and this time was no different. The place we stayed at was a crazy, huge, 5 star hotel. I think someone said it was like 91 years old. Walking down the halls I told Mike it reminded me of a scene from a horror movie. Well sure enough, I found out it is where The Shining was filmed. I'm glad I didn't know that before I had to sleep there. But of course we were treated like royalty the whole time. Once we got to our room we had these two surprises sitting at the end of our bed. In the red package was a really nice white robe. The other is a basket full of chocolates, cookies, cheese and crackers. Really they should let you know about these things before hand so you can be prepared to pack them back home. These two things needed their own suitcase.

Here is a pic of Mike walking along the path right out in front of our hotel. They have a beautiful PGA golf course and it killed him to not be able to play it.



I always think it's a little weird/annoying that Mike always has his phone up to his ear or in his hand texting or emailing someone. Try being at a Verizon function. EVERYBODY there had their phone on them constantly. I guess it's good that even though people were out playing they were still getting their work done.



After we arrived in Colorado Mike checked out the golf course, I took a little nap, then we got ready for the banquet dinner. When we arrived it was all decorated like Vegas. They had Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, and even showgirls. We had an excellent dinner while they gave out the top sales awards.

After dinner they surprised us with casino night. It was so fun because we never get the chance to just sit down and play, obviously because we aren't just gonna throw our money away. But they gave each of us $2,000 worth of chips and then we were entered into drawings to win prizes. The more you won the better your chances. Since it wasn't real money the dealer was also a little helpful which was good for me since I was just learning.

We ended up having a great time I only wish it was like one day longer.

6 comments:

Bree said...

How fun, I think that would have been Jonathan's favorite place golfing, and gambling! Doesn't get much better then that, except he never does either anymore.

Mikesell Family said...

I am so jealous! How fun. There is nothing better than a trip with your hubby!

Sara said...

That looks like so much fun! There is nothing better than a weekend away with the hubby:) You look so cute in your black dress oufit- so fun!

The Lind's said...

How fun! Nothing better than a getaway with your husband and paid for!! :) I was laughing about Mike and everyone having their phone texting, calling...hey at least they won't have to worry about going over mins! :)

The Lind's said...

Oh and please tell Mike sorry about the mess of the golf thing. I feel awful...such crappy timing! Sorry!

Clements Family said...

Looks fabulous. I am so sad I missed it. You look gorgeous, love the dress you picked out. And by the way, Brooks does the same with his phone. It drives me absolutely insane.