Their are certain moments in your life that are forever sketched into your mind. Recently I have been reminded of a particular one.
About 4 years ago Mike and I were waiting in the recovery room, waiting for Brayden to get his tonsils out. While waiting we got to sit and listen to the lady next to us and her horrific experience (I couldn't help but listen in.) She had just undergone a colonoscopy. She had gone into grave detail about the procedure and prep she had to endure the night before. I swore from that day forward I would NEVER go through that.
Surprise, surprise... I didn't stick to my word very well. Today I got to endure that horrific experience myself at the ripe 'ole age of 27. Actually to be more honest, the whole experience wasn't horrific, I was asleep for a good portion of it. Even though my "goods" were up in the air I didn't care cause I don't remember it.
About the horrific part.
The prep, need I say more.
24+ hours I had to go without food. I don't do well without food. My head starts hurting and I get very, very ornery. Things I craved while fasting; pizza, hamburgers (specifically sliders,) lasagna, spinach artichoke dip, chocolate chip cookies, a coke, carrots, an apple, frosted flakes, a subway sandwich, a yummy yummy salad, cantaloupe. Well the list could go on and on.
When we walked into the office I was at least 60 years younger then everybody else waiting. How depressing, I'm 27 with the health of a 90 year old. At least the doctor got to see at least one "fresh" tushy today.
I also had to sign an agreement saying it was ok for them to photograph me while under the anesthetic. Somehow that just seemed wrong. But I was well informed it would only be of my insides. They were kind enough to give me a copy of them, I won't post it here, I will just save them for my Christmas card this year. Stay tuned.
I think today I etched a few more memories into my brain that I will NEVER forget. At least that degrading experience is over and I can say I definitely had some good laughs during the process. I am happy to announce that it looks like things are ok in "that area." I pray for no more tests and hope they can just figure out what's bugging me.
8 comments:
I can relate because I had to endure that experience at the ripe old age of 24! We are Bergstroms. Need I say more. Wait, let me just tell you that my "prep" didn't work out as well as it was supposed to, which meant that I had to have 4 enema's before they could do the procedure. Yes, it was an unforgettable experience. I'm sorry you had to have that done and more importantly, I hope everything turns out okay. Considering your genes, it probably won't!!
Okay so I deleted my last comment in fear of saying too much! :)
Oh Heather! That is no fun! So glad it's over! I was going to call but I thought I would let you rest after that tramatic experience! I am so happy things look good in that area! Well I also hope you have no more tests and just get things better! Hey thanks again for the other night...it was so GREAT to see you!
I can't believe they asked you to take a picture, and that they gave it to you!!! I am so glad that everything seems to be ok in that area!!!
That is terrible. I had to do the cleanse before a surgery I had a little more than a year ago and it was awful. I know how you felt. I am so sorry you had to go through that. But, I am glad every thing is alright. Isn't growing up fun?
Heather, that is so bad. I'm so sorry you had to do that- and thank heavens you were asleep, but still! I bet they were way happy to see your little young bum after so many wrinkled ones! I love ya.
I had that wonderful experience when I was at the wrinkle free age of 16! Talk about a nice bum! Ha ha Anyway I had one cause I had bleeding ulcers except I was awake and watched it all on T.V. right infront of me, thank heavens they didn't give me a copy of the video...
Heath, I am so so sorry you had to do that! It sounds horrible!
Post a Comment