4.08.2009

Justified and random thoughts....

The other day I had taken two Excedrin for a headache I had. Big mistake. I have taken one before but never two at the same time. My body was so full of caffeine I was jittery, and on edge. To make matters worse, I wasn't able to fall asleep that night until 4:00 in the morning. Good thing I have a DVR and lots of shows that needed to be watched.

Can I just say I LOVED Oprah the other day. I actually watched it twice (I had nothing better to do.) The whole episode was on Motherhood, mostly the downside of it that people don't really talk about. I fully feel justified in my thinking and feelings now. I feel like it's ok that I want to take a personal day off today, and just ticked that I can't. I feel like it's ok that I let Kade have a cookie for breakfast. I feel like it's ok that I let Kaylee dress herself this morning because I was too tired to get out of bed and help her. I feel like it's ok that my house is a disaster and I am choosing to blog instead. I feel like it's ok that I sent my kids outside yesterday to play by themselves because I was tired of listening to Kaylee talk. I feel like it's ok that I cried everyday for two months after I had Kade, because I was so mad I had decided to have another baby. I feel like it's ok that I make my kids walk to school even if it's snowing, because I don't want to drive them. Wow! Talk about confessions. Even after all of that I am actually feeling pretty good about myself compared to some of the "dirty little secrets" some mom's shared. Sometimes it's so tiring being a mom. And for me, it doesn't mean I don't love my kids to pieces, or that I'm not grateful to be a stay-at-home mom. It just means that sometimes I'm tired and want the day off!

So here's to trying to re-invent myself since I have been lost in my kids for 8+ years now. If you didn't get a chance to watch it you can go here and read about it. It was funny, sad, uplifting, justifying, and so worth watching. Hopefully I'm not the only one out there that feels this way or else I just made myself look like a total loser mother!

8 comments:

Christie said...

Your not a total looser. I feel that this way too. A lot. It's nice to know that I am not the only one who just wants a little time to my self. It would just be nice to be able to go to the bathroom or take a shower with no one barging in screaming "MOM". But, I am sure when it's gone I will want it back. Because they seem to grow up way to fast.

The Balls said...

THANK YOU! I was able to watch that the other day too and I was so glad! I get so frustrated sometimes because I thought I would be so much better at this motherhood thing than I really am, and I only have 1! It's nice to hear that I am just normal, doing the best I can like all the other moms out there. Thanks for sharing those thoughts, it was something I really needed especially today!

Sara said...

You are so not a loser- you are just being honest and saying all the things we don't dare to admit! So thank you for making me feel like i am not the only mom who is constantly feeling guilty like I am a total slacker if I let things slide here and there. I for sure need to watch that episode- thanks!

Clements Family said...

I wish I could have watched that episode. Maybe I need to come over and watch it. I feel the exact same way, and I think most of us moms do! There are many days when my kids watch way to much tv or my house is a mess when Brooks gets home.
Though I do think you are a fabulous mom. Thanks for being such a great example to me!

Nicole said...

I wish I would have recorded it! It sounds like something I would have loved to see...dang it. Let me know if you here of it coming on again! Thanks for the uplifting thoughts:)

The Lind's said...

You are a great mom! And your kids are so lucky to have you! I was laughing reading this because I do some of the same things. Thanks for the reminder that it's okay to not be "perfect"!

Janet said...

It is OK to be overwhelmed sometimes, but don't sell yourself short. Just know that you're a great mom! Proof of that is your great kids! From an old lady's perspective though, enjoy it while you have it cause they grow up waaaaay too fast!!!

{Brittany} said...

You are such a good mom, especially because you're honest enough with yourself to admit all those things. We all do those things and feel that way. Keep up the good work!