One of our very favorite places to go is This Is The Place Park. My kids love all the activities they have and love learning about the history. Lindsay and I took our kids up for the day and every time I learn more about the pioneers it makes me so grateful for their sacrifice. It was a hot sunny day, mixed with wind and a little rain. The kids didn't want to miss one house or one activity and we walked here and there and then back over there. I found myself getting a little frustrated because I wanted a Dr. Pepper, some food and my air conditioned car. Just as I was thinking that I think the spirit of a little pioneer woman slapped me across the face. What in the world was I complaining about!!!! These poor women and children were up from the crack of dawn picking the vegetables they were going to eat for the day, cooking their food literally from scratch, shaving the animals fur, turning that into thread so they could make some clothes to wear, in their spare time they would school their children, raise money for their families (because their husbands were off on missions) and clean the house. After walking through a day with some of these (character) pioneer women I felt a little guilty over the fact that I stopped at Target the day before because I was having a tantrum because "I had nothing to wear!" I did a little repenting when I got home.

The kids LOVE seeing the animals. Their were so many baby animals that had been born it was a great time to go. Kaylee got a whole new perspective on things as they were riding the horses. Kade's horse came to a sudden halt right in front of her and decided it was potty time. She was SO disgusted she couldn't even enjoy the rest of the ride. I wish we could have gotten a picture of her face but we were laughing so hard.



Kaylee is obsessed with Bella!!

All the kiddos! We have so much fun when we're all togther.

The two trouble makers. Kade and Breckon.
1 comment:
So fun! I would not have made a very good pioneer!! Love all the fun pics! And congrats on your new SIL! (Oh and i love the song on, I so should have got you something "wicked" for your b-day!)
Post a Comment