5.04.2009

Seriously???

Their are some things that happen in life that leave you dumbfounded, and the only thing you can mutter is REALLY??? SERIOUSLY???? I've had a few of those experiences lately.

On Saturday the kids were riding their bikes in my Dad's circle. A car had pulled into the driveway of a house that was for sale. The couple never got out of their car, and the kids continued to ride around. Well the realtor never showed up so the couple decided to leave. The problem with this was they never checked behind the car before they backed out. At the same time Kade lost momentum when pedaling his bike and just happened to stop RIGHT BEHIND THE CAR!!!! Their was yelling and screaming for the car to stop or for Kade to hurry and get out of the way. Neither of them noticed the screaming. A second later something happened and Kade fell off his bike and when he did he happened to roll out of the way. CRUNCH! The car had kept going and totally ran over the bike and not my little boy. In just a matter of seconds so much could have changed in our lives if he wouldn't have fallen off the bike. The only thing that was running through my mind was SERIOUSLY did that just happen??

For approximately the last 2 years I have been suffering from major headaches/migraines and also SEVERE stomach aches. I have gone from doctor to doctor trying to figure this out. I have been on multiple medications and none have worked. I have had ultrasounds, blood tests, a hyda scan, a MRI, a CAT scan, and also a colonoscopy. All came back normal. I was recently referred to a Neurologist over at Jordan Valley. When I called to make the appt. the receptionist told me the doctor had hurt his back and was out on leave but I could make an appt. with the doctor who was filling in for him. I went ahead and did this but I was a little apprehensive about going through another appt and not getting any results. The day came for my appt. when I got to meet with this "fill in" doctor. The whole appt. ended up being a total joke. The guy seriously didn't know what he was talking about. He was more concerned with the problems I was having with my stomach then with my head. I was watching the clock just waiting for this appt to get over with and I was just going to chalk it up to another failure. At the very end of the appt he happened to ask me if my neck was tense. I replied that I couldn't even move my neck to look up. He felt it a little and asked me if I wanted to try a muscle relaxer. I was apprehensive because I thought anything coming from this guy isn't going to work. Well I am happy to say that I filled the prescription and I havn't had a headache in about 2 weeks!!!! My quality of life has been horrible because I hurt so bad everyday and all I needed was a muscle relaxer??? SERIOUSLY??? Couldn't one of the other doctors I went to figure this out? Why did it have to be figured out by "Dr. I don't know what I'm doing?"

Now on to my stomach. After so many tests and appointments the doctor came to the conclusion that I have an intolerance for dairy products. SERIOUSLY is that all???? Why in the world did I need to go through all the above procedures for them to figure out I couldn't tolerate dairy? So in the end he told me cut out ALL dairy products and increase the fiber in my diet. This pretty much leaves me nothing available to eat. I have been cheating a little, I can't fully cut out cookies, donuts, cake, cheese, bread, and ice cream. I mean who can really do that?

SERIOUSLY what makes soccer so important that we NEED to play in severe storms? Every single Saturday has had miserable weather and yet nobody will cancel the stupid game. Saturday Brayden's team played in a HUGE rain storm. Last Saturday they played up in Park City where the temp was about 30 degrees and pouring rain. And they even played one Saturday during a snow storm. They were soaking wet after playing in a foot of snow. Maybe we are in the wrong sport. If I remember correctly they will cancel Baseball even if it's drizzling.

And on a happier note...Today was the first day that my kids have been off-track. They slept til 9:30 this morning. When they woke me up I thought, Did they SERIOUSLY sleep that long? They never sleep past 7:30 or 8. It has made for a very pleasant day. I'm happy and they are happy (I haven't even had to put out one fight today!!!!) I hope this is a good sign for their off track break.

I could go on and on about SERIOUSLY like:
Do I SERIOUSLY have this much laundry to do?
Are my kids SERIOUSLY playing so well together?
SERIOUSLY, I need a vacation!
Is it SERIOUSLY about time for SYTYCD to start?
Is it SERIOUSLY time for all the season finales?
I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to May (Mother's Day and my birthday.)
SERIOUSLY did I just eat 5 cookies when I'm not even supposed to have one?
SERIOUSLY how much weight have I gained in the last 3 weeks?
Did I SERIOUSLY just admit to that?

How many times in one day do you question, SERIOUSLY???

13 comments:

The Lind's said...

I have to say it...seriously?? :) I am so happy that Kade is okay, that your head aches are better!, that you found a reason for your stomach, and seriously if you gained weight you still will be skinny minnie! Seriously! I am happy things are going good for you! Loved your post!

Di said...

SERIOUSLY such an interesting post!
I have relatives that are vegan and I always enjoy eating their good food including cookies so I know there is non-dairy food and treats out there that are just as yummy so do not despair :)
Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you to include me on your private blog.

Bree said...

That's a great post (except the Kade part and horrible Dr. appointments) Jonathan always makes fun of me cause when ever I’m shocked about something I sit and say SERIOUSLY!, or Are You SERIOUS? I’m just happy to know I’m not the only one finding that a very appropriate word!

Mikesell Family said...

WOW! Sometimes I feel like there aren't very many "normal" people in the world...did they apologize about his bike? Scary! I agree with the soccer. I've been FREEZING the last two weeks. My kids are off track too, not such good luck for me...they are up at the crack of dawn.(which happens to get earlier and earlier.) Glad to know you are feeling better! You really had me worried with all that testing they were doing.

Clements Family said...

Oh my gosh...I am so glad nothing happened to Kade. That was breaking my heart as I read about it!
I am so glad you are feeling better! YEA!!
And I am so glad that SYtYCD is starting!!!

Lindsey Stubler said...

Wow, I am so glad that Kade is okay. I hope those people got out of their car and realized how close they were to hurting him. That is awful. I'm excited to start planning our girls trip! Let's start looking into that, k?

busymama said...

You are seriously too cute! I am so glad my little man is okay, and that you are starting to feel better (at least the head), I hope the eating/stomach will get better soon too!!!

JAGBHansen said...

Wow! What a crazy experience and how scary. I am so glad that everything is okay, SERIOUSLY! I say that too much and found it hilarious you did a post about it. People at work make jokes about me because I always ask, "Did that customer SERIOUSLY just ask me that?" It has become part of my every day vocabulary more often than I probably notice! I am so grateful to know that I am not the only one that LOVES that word!!!

Darci said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and that Kade was safe. I am so looking forward to SYTYCD too. Loved the entry!

Meg said...

So scary about Kade! I'm so glad he didn't get hit! What did those stupid people say? That is great you are feeling better. I hope it stays that way! I don't think I could cut out dairy either; good luck with that! Can you tell a difference though?

Allison Bushman said...

I'm glad everything is okay with Kade! And I'm happy that you are feeling better! Have you noticed a difference with your stomach since you cut out dairy? That sucks trying to find things to eat but hopefully you'll have a better quality of life now! Hope everything else is going well with you!

Kristydawn said...

wow! I could write a blog about "you've got to be kidding me!" I guess that is my line instead of "seriously". I'm so glad you found some releif!!! I'm not supposed to eat dairy either. SUCKS! I sneak too. That's obvious by my weight. Hee hee. I'm glad you gained a few pounds. You are sooooo tiny! And, I'm sooooooo glad Kade is o.k. SCARY! I bet you were freaking out. That happened to Jed once and I bawled after it was all over, it scared me so bad!
Let me know when you go private. How sad is it that we are neighbors and this is how I know what is going on with you guys. :)

Sara said...

Oh my heck- that is soooo scary about Kade! I am glad he is ok and that it sounds like you are least finally getting some answers to why you having been feeling yucky. Hopefully it's all downhill from here:)